ridin in a getaway car

TRAVIS

We won! The game is over now and I asked one of the team's staff to get Taylor from the box while I cleaned up. After I scored that touchdown, all I could think about was whether Taylor saw it and how much I wanted to celebrate with her. Usually, a touchdown like that would have warranted an inappropriate happy dance but I knew Taylor was watching so I tried to be on my best behavior. Every once in a while, I'd steal a glance at the suite and I'd see her chatting with Mom or one of my friends. She seemed to be doing pretty well considering she just met everyone she was hanging out with.

Throughout the entire game, I couldn't help it. I took every chance I could to smile at her and let her know how much I appreciated her for being there. Especially since I know that this will get the media's attention and Taylor's kind of taking a risk by coming today. She even sat right in front of the glass knowing that it would make it easier for people to take pictures of her.

Seeing her up there, supporting and cheering me on made me feel butterflies. I genuinely believe she is the kindest, funniest and smartest person I have ever met and to have her support means everything. I missed her so much during the game, I even asked if I could go up to visit her in the box while we were on a break but Coach said no and that it would be a distraction. He wasn't entirely wrong. Every time I see her face, my mind goes blank, my heart skips a beat and I can't speak. I just know deep down that she's it. She's the one for me.

TAYLOR

As I approach the locker room, my stomach fills with butterflies and I can't stop the smile on my face. I know we've only known each other for less than 2 months but there's just something about him that makes me feel like we've known each other our whole lives. I follow the Chiefs representative through all these locked doors and eventually, we find the locker room and they tell me that he's taking a shower so I take a seat and wait.

"You must be Taylor! My name is Patrick, I'm Travis' teammate," Patrick introduces coming out of the shower room, catching me by surprise.

"Hi, yes I am and it's nice to meet you. I've heard so much about you. Travis says he's very lucky to have you as his quarterback," I respond, smiling and shaking his hand.

Patrick grins, "Well, I'm the lucky one to have him as my tight end. We make a pretty good team on and off the field."

I laugh, "So I've heard. Travis speaks very highly of all of you."

Just as Patrick and I exchange a few more pleasantries, the shower room door swings open, and there he is — the man who just scored a touchdown that probably shook the entire stadium. His eyes light up when he sees me, and before I know it, he's striding over, a huge grin on his face.

"TAY!" Travis greets me with a warmth that makes my heart flutter. He pulls me into a tight hug, he gives me a small kiss in front of everyone and for a moment, everything else fades away.

"Hi, touchdown guy!" I tease, pulling back to look at him. "You were amazing out there."

Travis chuckles, "Thanks, babe. Knowing you were watching made it even better."

As he introduced me to some of his teammates, I couldn't help but feel a bit overwhelmed. These are the guys he spends so much time with, his football family. They greet me warmly, some with teasing comments about Travis finally bringing a girl around.

After the introductions, Travis wrapped an arm around my shoulders and asked, "So, what were you up to out here?"

I give him a playful smirk, "Oh, you know, just fending off all the guys who were flirting with me." I laugh, knowing it's far from the truth.