Chapter 16

*Lauren's Flashback*

I was sitting in the cafeteria with Normani, while Camila ate with her friends. Normani was mixing her ketchup and mayo together for her French fries.

"This is what makes French fries taste better. Just putting ketchup on them is boring" Normani said.

"I like mine with bleu cheese dressing" I said.

"That sounds disgusting, but everyone is different" Normani said as she took out the chicken wings her dad brought her.

"Can you eat all of that?" I asked.

"Lauren, we've been friends for a while. I can't believe you doubt me right now. Plus my dad got you some too" Normani said handing me a container of chicken wings.

"Thank you" I said opening the container and then I looked up at Normani.

Normani playfully rolled her eyes and then pulled the bleu cheese dressing out of the bag. "You know people find bleu cheese to be gross Lauren" Normani said.

"I can't help that I'm different" I said pouring the white substance over my wings.

Normani opened her mouth to say something, but closed it when Camila's voice could be heard. I turned around to see Camila yelling at Dinah and Dinah was trying to quiet her. Camila was wearing more makeup than she would usually wear.

"Why is Camila looking like a clown today?" Normani asked jokingly.

"I don't know" I said looking away when Camila made eye contact with me.

This was not the truth; I was there when it happened to Camila. I wasn't supposed to be there, but Camila told me to sneak into her room.

"Will you get in trouble?" I asked.

"I don't get in trouble Lolo" Camila said.

"But your mom was mad last time" I said.

"We agreed to not talk about that anymore Lolo. I told you that you were just hearing things" Camila said.

"I know I just don't want you to be hurt" I said.

"That's sweet of you Lolo. You know what will make me feel better?" Camila said.

"No," I said.

"This," Camila said connecting our lips and I kissed her back. The kiss wasted no time getting heated and Camila gently pushed me back on the bed without breaking our kiss. Camila was about to straddle my waist when we both heard voices downstairs. Camila broke the kiss.

"Shit, they aren't supposed to be home yet. Get in the closet Lauren" Camila said hurriedly getting off of me.

"Okay," I said running into her closet and closing the door but leaving it a bit cracked.

Camila's lips were swollen and there was a knock on her door. Before she could answer, Sinu came barging into her room and slammed the door behind her.

"Hey mom, I wasn't expecting you back so soon" Camila said.

"Don't you hey mom me. I got a call from your school today. Guess what they told me?" Sinu said getting closer to Camila.

I could tell Camila was nervous based on her body language. She was trying to move further away from her mom and her leg kept bouncing up and down.

"That I made the cheerleading squad" Camila said nervously.

"No, it was about you and Lauren being caught in an empty classroom. What were you doing in there?" Sinu said.

"We were only kissing" Camila said.