Chapter 1: Part 3: The Beginning Of The End.

How much time has passed? I wasn't sure. I was out cold for quite a bit, I think.

I woke up with this heavy pressure on the top of my head, my head felt like it was pounding.

I tried to think back on what had happened, I opened my door after it rang and then.. I only got a brief image of the shoes, I don't think I can remember right now.. and then..

Bang. I was out.

I pulled myself up, leaning against the wall, squeezing my forehead to try and ease the heavy headache. I took a deep sigh, standing up straight and making my way out of my dorm.

The halls were empty, nobody was around. I took a few more steps to look around the corner.. still nobody.

That's weird.. Maybe they are in the dining hall.

I wandered towards the dining hall, having to stop every few minutes due to the increasing pain.

As I got closer to the dining hall, I could hear talking, it seemed tense, like people were raising their voices.

I glanced in.

Immediately, everyone turned to me. ''She's alive! You guys were panicking over nothing!'' That one girl.. What was her name?

Heather. 

''I..'' I tried to speak, but the pain was too much. 

''Wow! You look like you got a proper hit over the head!'' That ginger girl again, she said it almost like she was amused.

''I.. Someone..'' I couldn't get the words out.

''Someone knocked me out.''

The words seemed to have took everyone by suprise.

''If Gwen's here right now.. then where is Beth?..'' Bridgette spoke.

I looked around, realising everyone else was here, apart from Beth.

''Probably reading in some corner, alone, like most loner nerds do.'' Lindsay's hyper feminine voice spoke, I glanced over to her, she was leaning against a table in such a elegant manner, filing her nails as she spoke, her gaze focused on that.

''That's a shitty thing to say.'' Eva spoke, giving a dirty look towards Lindsay.

Lindsay simply shrugged. ''It's true, we both know it.''

Everyone fell into silence, waiting for her to show up.

''Okay, let's just.. look around the school.'' Courtney spoke, looking determined as ever.

''Whatever.'' Heather spoke, swiftly leaving the dining hall alongside everyone else.

''You alright?'' I turned around, it was that one guy. Geoff.

''I'm.. I'm fine.'' 

''You look like you got hit over the head pretty badly dude.'' 

''I.. I'll be fine.''

''You sure you don't want to sit this one out?'' He rested his hand on my shoulder in a comforting manner. ''I'll be okay, finding Beth is more important.''

He smiled, leaving the room. I trotted outside, most people went towards the dorms, but I decided to look around the hallway, maybe I can find a clue somewhere else.

Where would Beth go? She liked to read and study, maybe she tried to go to a quiet place, but where could that be?

As I went further into the hallway, I noticed the stairs to upstairs had a shutter over them, making it impossible to go up without some kind of key. How strange, we can't go on the second floor?