Chapter Two

A/n: Fun fact: my sister emancipated herself at the age of 17. So everything revolving around the topic is from what she's told me and from what I looked up on google. It may not be accurate for most, but in this situation it'll have to do.

⚠️Attempt at ones live in the ending of this chapter. So please tread lightly and if this is something that triggers you then please don't read the ending.⚠️

~~~~~

March 10th, 2022. - The hearing.

Just as you predicted, they didn't show up. You stood there, in front of the judge, clenching the sleeves of your hoodie. Not a single soul spoke. You knew your parents weren't going to show up to the hearing. You had called them everyday for the past two weeks but it would always go straight to voicemail. Yet a little part of you had wished they'd prove you wrong. Just to show that they care.

But here you were, standing by yourself, as the judge of Woodsboro slammed his gavel down. Finalizing the decision that You would be emancipated.

The echo of the gavel struck something in you. Like the final nail to a coffin that you were about to bury 6 feet under.

Thanks to Sam, you had a place to live until after you graduated - which was three weeks away.

After that you were set to attend college in New York with Tara and the twins. But as the judge spoke these words, something began to settle in your chest. You felt numb. You weren't happy nor sad. You were just...numb. Which set you on autopilot as Sam and Tara led you out of the courtroom. They talked about getting take out and watching a movie. The twins would come over. It would be great. Right?

No. How could you celebrate something like this? Your sister was dead. Your parents didn't want you. You felt that unmistakable feeling of loneliness. And you hated it. You. Were. Alone.

Throughout the drive back to the carpenters, you stared out the window. You sat in the back cause you didn't feel like being close to either sister right now. It felt embarrassing, having proof that your parents didn't want you. Standing up there, looking like a total idiot because you had such big hopes for the people that called themselves mom and dad. And to make matters worse, Tara, your crush and the girl that was around your family the most, had to watch it. It infuriated you.

You had already moved most of your stuff out of your old home, taking up a guest bedroom in the carpenter's house until you all left for New York. But how could you call that place your home? It's where the blood shed was. Even your parents didn't want to come back to it.

"Sam..." you said softly.

"What's up?"

"Can you take me by my house? I forgot something." Your voice was so void of emotion that Sam almost told you no. Tara had her eyes on you the whole time.

"Sure,"

You watched as the familiar streets came to view and then your street was next. You remained silent. Tara could tell something was up with you.

Sam pulled up to the curb and you got out without much of a word to either girl. Sam and Tara shared a look of concern before looking back after you.

"We'll be right here!" Sam called out. You didn't even give her a thumbs up. Just walked up the steps of the stairs then opened the door. It wasn't locked, you never locked it last time.

~~~

You stood in the front hallway and surveyed the walls that were filled with pictures. Pictures that were lies. Because every photo had you or Amber smiling at the camera. Some were family photos. But mostly of you and Amber. That numb feeling began to be replaced by rage. You slowly walked down the hallway as you took in more lies.