Chapter Six

A/n: You know, I always forget that Tara has Asthma. Next time, I need to utilize that information. Because she runs a lot in the movies without using her inhaler for someone with asthma. 🤔

~•~•~

April 2022 - a few hours after graduation. Carpenter Residence.

"There's a party ton-"

"No."

"Absolutely not."

"Fuck all that nonsense."

You were the one to try and let them know that a graduation party was going on at one of the popular girls' houses tonight. But was immediately shut down by Sam, Tara and Mindy. Chad remained silent as he texted on his phone.

"Alright, no need to bite my head off." You huffed though you were grateful they said no. Because a party now would just be dumb after what they went through.

"We head out tomorrow anyways." Sam reminded everyone. "I don't know about you guys but I need sleep before a long ass drive like that."

"Should we at least drink to our accomplishments?" Mindy asked.

"Yeah, we're already packed up and loaded in the suv." You said. "We could throw some music on, even bbq, and just chill."

Sam contemplated these options. It would be nice to end a chapter in their life on a better note.

"I guess it wouldn't hurt. There's some alcohol in the basement."

Tara perked up at this. "I know where the key is."

Sam looked at her sister and grinned. "Show me."

Tara grabbed her sister's hand and pulled her from the kitchen island. While they left the room for Carpenter shenanigans, Mindy looked at you.

"We could go to the store for some steaks and whatever else we need."

"You can't go wrong with steaks. But check the fridge and see what we can use for the sides."

Mindy pushed off the counter and turned to open the fridge that sat behind her.

"I just bought some weed."

You turned to look at Chad, who stood next to you. 

"For real?"

"Yeah. Gotta meet the guy in an hour though."

"Bitch, you better not go alone." Mindy said, her back still facing them.

Chad eyed her before turning to You. "Go with me? We can stop by the store and pick up the steaks."

"Is the guy okay with that?"

"I told him I'd be bringing a friend. For protection, of course." Chad said then grinned. You scoffed.

"Right. I'll make sure to protect you from the big bad drug dealer."

The two share a laugh together which Mindy watched after she placed the food items she found in the fridge.

"Corn on the cob, potatoes and broccoli. That's what we got." She announced.

"Perfect. We can make veggie packs." You said with a smile. You removed your hoodie and then walked around the island to stand next to Mindy. "First we wash the vegetables and then cut them up to put them all in an aluminum foil packet."

You bumped Mindy's hip who picked herself up from the counter. "Come on, help me out."

"Okay, okay." Mindy pushed her sleeves up with a grumble. You looked at Chad.