3 am Conversations

A/N: HEY YOU GUYSSS! I AM SO FUCKING SORRY FOR THE LOOOOONG DELAY. SCHOOL'S HERE SO I WON'T BE POSTING AS MUCH. I'M SO SORRY. ACTUALLY I UPDATED THIS CHAPTER A FEW DAYS AGO. BUT FREAKING WATTPAD HAD AN ERROR AND ERASED EVERYTHING. I COULDN'T RECREATE THE SAME BEAUTIFUL CHAPTER LIKE THAT.

BUT HEY, I TRIED. HAHA.

BUT I'M REALLY SORRY GUYS. AND I LOVE Y'ALL.

KEEP THE GLAM! xoxo

Adam's POV

Jade walked inside the room, two cups of warm milk on her hands. Naked in the dark, her perfect silhouette looked beautiful. It was in the middle of the night and she just got up, saying she needed warm milk. I don't blame her for the sudden demand. The party really tired us out. Tommy was so wild. A little too wild, if you ask me. Even when we were leaving, he was still dancing and singing all over the room. I don't know how he's doing now. But hopefully, Ashley took care of him.

Jade walked slowly towards me. And although the only light that lit the room was my dim lamp, I could see her image clearly. Soft and majestic. Her body didn't really turn me on sexually, as you would think. But it was more like admiring an art.

And Jade's a masterpiece.

"Here you go." She handed me my cup and I set it down on the side table. Before she could get back on the bed, I stopped her.

"Wait." I said.

She looked at me, confused. And I found myself staring at her body with a sly smile.

She playfully slapped me and jumped on the bed, covering her body with the white sheets "Perv."

I laughed and took a sip of my milk. We drank our milks in complete silence, her head pressed against my chest and my arm around her. The party really tired me out. And our after-party sex didn't help either. Before we left, we were already at a random couch making out. Making out turned to other stuff and suddenly, we just found ourselves back on my bed at home, exhausted and sweaty.

Jade felt so small in my arms. And warm. She felt warm like this cup of milk. Comforting and Relaxing.

She snuggled close to me. And for a minute, I thought she had already fallen asleep.

But then she spoke. "Adam?"

"Mm?"

"Can you sing your song for me again?"

"If I sing it too often, you'd get tired of it too soon." I chuckled softly.

"Please." She pleaded, her voice soft. 3 am in the morning isn't the time for arguing. So I just sighed and sang the chorus for her. I rubbed my thumb on her shoulder as I sang, mind already far away. I stared at the dark horizon which I assumed was my television, sunk deep in the dark. After I finished, there was a long silence. Once again, I assumed she was already asleep.

"It's so beautiful." She said softly, all of a sudden. "Not just your voice. But that song...."

I smiled to myself. Feeling quite flattered, I took it to myself to keep quiet. Being complemented by your friends was one thing. But being praised by Jade. Now, that's a whole other amazing feeling.

"I heard this other great song a few days ago. It's called 'Whisper in Her Ear' by The Milk Carton Kids. You know it?" She looked up at me.

I shook my head.

(Soundtrack Play- Whisper in Her Ear by The Milk Carton Kids)

"A line there said" she stared back at the horizon "Hope still remains hopeless. The joke is that it's always there..."

"Isn't it funny how true that is?" She asked rhetorically. "We get lost in all these dreams and aspirations. We keep hoping for that one thing, or that one person. Even when it seems absolutely impossible. Even when we have absolutely no chance of getting it. We still keep hope. And at that moment- at that one aha moment when we think we have given up; when we think we can live without the hope.... We don't know that somewhere deep in us. Somewhere deep, dark and hidden."

"There's still a little spark of hope."

"No matter how hard we try to ignore it and keep it hidden, it's still there. And as time passes by, it's not a hope that keeps us going anymore. It's just a feeling of despair that keeps us miserable."

Her words made my heart crunch. And it made me wonder about her. It made me wonder about her hopes and aspirations. It made me wonder if all this time that she's been telling me how she can pursue her dream all on her own... Maybe they were all lies. Maybe they were lies she said because she couldn't accept the fact that she was afraid. Maybe she thought she could hide her fear by ignoring it.

But with that spark of hope in a person, comes a spark of fear as well. And no matter how hard you neglect the two.

They're always there.

I felt a warm drop of water on my chest. She was crying. At that moment, I felt something unimaginable. Something I've never felt for absolutely anyone. Something that opened a new part inside my heart.

A feeling of connected sadness. No, I wasn't sad by myself. I wasn't sad because my life was perfect already.

But her words made me feel like I was sharing the same feeling of misery with her. They made me feel like I wanted to sacrifice everything just to help her up. I wanted to call my boss and do overtimes till I earn enough money for her. I wanted to enter different jobs all at the same time just for her. I wanted to do something.

I'm not a person of sacrifice. But at that moment... I wanted to... Do something.

"Oddly enough, that song has never been on the radio. It's sad that something so beautiful can't trend. And songs about butts are everywhere." She chuckled, but her voice cracked. She sniffed. She was hiding her cries.

I didn't laugh or even fake a chuckle. Instead, I sat up and so did she. She flashed me a confused look "where are you going?"

"I'm not going anywhere...." I held her face close to mine and smiled. No, I'm not going anywhere. I'm here. I'll always be here,

I rubbed her face and kissed her cheeks, tasting the salt of her tears.

And just like that, she burst out crying. She cried hard. And she cried loud, she sobbed and she sniffed. And she wailed. She threw herself in my arms and cried for long minutes. It was like years of sadness built up inside her was just being let out now. Her dam of misery has broken already and it was all gushing out.

I hugged her tight as she cried loudly. I've never seen her cry this hard before. This doesn't compare to all the times I've pranked her and she cried. This doesn't come close to that.

Her cries now felt... Hurt.

And I, myself, found myself tearing up. All I could do was hug her tight. My heart was tightening with her sobs.

She hiccuped and sniffed. And when her cries were fading, her hiccups took over.

I held her closer and hugged her tight. Here we were, in the darkness. Tired and Exhausted, Crying and Wailing. Hurt and Pain filled every corner of the room. They were all coming out.

I held her face, and wiped her tears with my thumbs.

"Hey hey...." I smiled, my voice cracking as well. "It's all gonna be okay. It's gonna be okay. I'm here..."

She nodded her head but cried harder.

"Please don't leave me..." She spoke in between hiccups.

"I'm here.." I held her close and kissed the top of her head.

She sobbed and wailed. And cried hard.

And that was how we put ourselves to sleep. We cried and sobbed and wailed. Not giving a damn about anything. I held her close.

And I took all her hurt and pain. And I tuck them inside my heart. At that moment, I shared something deep and sad with her.

And I'll keep it with me till I die.