Kie Agatsuma

Kie is an overall joyous girl who becomes Shinobu Kamado Tsuyuri's best friend. She is Jigoro Agatsuma's twin sister, Shinobu, Kanao and Kyuguro's cousin sister and a close friend and comrade of Shinobu, Kou Kanzaki and Kotoha Hashibira. However, she has a massive inferiority complex as everybody around her is special which leads to her becoming boy crazy.

APPEARANCE

Kie is a petite young girl with fair skin, large eyes and long black hair with flame-orange tips which she wears in two thick braids with small pink ribbons.

Kie wears a pink tint version of the standard demon slayer uniform paired with matching hakama pants along with a light pink haori with leaf designes that was gifted to her by her mother, Nezuko.

On the anniversary of Muzan's death, Kie wears an orange-pink kimono with yellow and white flowers outlined in red with red and white checker patterns appearing at the end of her sleaves and at the bodice of the kimono, secured with a green haaneri and a pink obiage. The obi is oak brown tied with a large pink bow in the back. She wears deep red zori shoes, and her hair is tied into a side ponytail with a yellow jasmine flower a with a pink beaded bow which extends into red tassels and green hemp leaves.

In the epilogue, Kie wears the same uniform and Haori she wore when she was younger. Her hair is much shorter, being slightly longer than shoulder length and his word in a ponytail at the back of her head using a light pink, exposing her undercut. The tips of her hair are still coloured orange.

PERSONALITY

Kie is a very emotional, passionate and jovial person who constantly compliments people in her head. She is bright and cheerful yet easily flustered. In battle however, she is docile and cowardly and prefers to cheer others on, particularly Shinobu and later her long-time crush Kou Kanzaki. She is also somewhat a pasefist and tries to avoid conflicts as much as possible.

Kie tends to keep a cute smile in front of people even though she is feeling down.She is also self deprecating, often comparing herself to Shinobu.

RELATIONSHIPS

Shinobu Kamado Tsuyuri

Kie has been Shinobu's best friend ever since the age of 11 after Kou disappeared. Kie admired Shinobu and often clings to her. However, beneath all the smiles Kie is somewhat jelouse of Shinobu and feels inferior to her. This turns to outright jelousy when it becomes clear that Kou likes Shinobu which pushes Kie to become a better swordwoman. In the end, Kie lets Shinobu have Kou so they can make each other happy and decides to focus on improving herself.

Kou Kanzaki

As a child, Kie was always infatuated with Kou but it never grew into anything beonde puppy love. However, during the final selection, Kie sees Kou and without recognising him declares her true love to him only to be rejected. Still, she is shown to have a strong attraction to Kou and will always rush to his defence.

Kie tries her best to learn more about Kou and feels a bit uneasy when she realises how close Kou and Shinobu really are. She tries really ahrd to impress Kou as a means to feel special as compared to Shinobu who Kie has always felt inferior to. However, this soon turns to jealousy and Kie finnaly accepts that Kou will never love her and moves on, even encouraging Shinobu and Kou to get together, deducing that her infatuation with Kou was to feel more accepted amoung her female peers and win Kou as a prize against Shinobu. At the end of the series, Kie states that she still loves Kou but knows Shinobu and Kou will make each other happy.

ABILITIES

Speed

Agility

Enhanced strength

Immense reflexes

Stamina

Endurance

Will

Sewing

Beautiful Singing voice

KNOWN ATTACKS

First Form: Thunderclap and Flash

Seventh Form

Air spin

Encompassing Slash

Tornado Thunder

First Love's strike

Triple love thunder blast

Twister Fury

Blushing thunder

Lightning Demon Fang

TRIVIA

1. Kie aspired to learn Mitsuri's Love breathing but does not have the muscle destiny to do so. Hence, she mixed love breathing into thunder breathing to form First Love's Strike, Blushing thunder and Triple love thunder blast attacks.

2. Kie's nichirin sword in in the shape of a fang with hemp leaves designs in the Epilogue, saying that she has developed ten more hybrids of Lightning breathing-Love love breathing and demon fang breathing forms and has redesigned her Kanata to match her new style of fighting.