Chapter Three: The Waitress

Amelia and Lacey sat at the small two person table at the local cafe. Amelia sipped at her coffee while Lacey enjoyed some tea. Amelia sighed and looked at Lacey. "We need to figure out what is wrong with Billy Rae." Lacey nodded in agreement. "I don't know what his issue is." The waitress came over to the table. "I heard ya'll talking about Billy Rae, and I think I have some information for you two." She said in a sweet southern accent. Lacey and Amelia looked at each other. "Ok," Lacey said to the waitress, "lets hear it." The waitress looked annoyed. "What? And nothing to pay me with?" "We don't have any money, ma'am." "I never said you needed to use money." Amelia spat her coffee. "Listen, y'all, I have been looking for a sweet, buttery boyfriend for years now. If y'all could help me that would be mighty fine." Amelia looked at Lacey. "What about Steve?" "Who's that?" The waitress said. "Billy Rae's maid." "Oh, absolutely not. I'll just tell you and we'll think of a payment later. My name is Leah." Suddenly, her eyes turned red. "IT IS PRONOUNCED LAY-UH. CALL ME LEE-UH AND YOU DIE." Lacey and Amelia jumped back. "Anywho, I was the maid for Billy Rae, or "Rae Rae" I called him. We had an inappropriate relationship, but my my, he was wonderful. Anyways, he felt very guilty for cheating on his then wife, and fired me and got the new male maid." Lacey nodded. "Thank you for your time."