chapter 1: Back to School: Part 1

It was nearing the end of summer. The leaves were changing color, the air was getting a bit more cooler, a lot of people were wearing jackets more. That only meant one thing: Autumn had come to Denton. LP watched outside as the leaves changed and people who had come to the TV Station were wearing warmer clothes than shorts and sleeveless tops.

"This is a season called Fall, or some people call it Autumn," Nation educated her new step-daughter. "We don't have it back on Transsexual, but it's a lovely season."

"It is lovely." LP agreed.

"A lot of children start back to school," Nation added in the former princess's education. "Would you like to go to school?"

LP looked back at her. "You mean, I can go and learn with other people my age?"

"Oh, yes, child. I thought you may like it, your father told me that when they weren't too busy, Riff Raff and Magenta often tutored you."

"They did, Daddy said that school can be dangerous, so he decided to home educate me."

"Well, it can be, LP, but you can have fun other than learning and make all sorts of new friends."

"W-What if no one likes me...?"

"Why wouldn't anyone like you?"

LP shrugged her shoulders, looking sad.

"Oh, sweetie," Nation stroked her hair lightly. "If they don't like you, then who needs them? You'll find a friend or two. Besides, Miracle will be there."

"David too?" LP lit up a little.

Nation chuckled. "Yes, David too... He ought to be there."

"Did you and Cosmo go to school?"

"Oh, yes, we loved school. Especially when Career Day came."

"What's career day?"

"It's usually when a bunch of grown-ups come to school and tell children what their jobs are so kids can have an idea of what they want to do with their life when they grow up. Maybe you don't know now, but you have plenty of time to think about that. I wasn't sure what I wanted to be, but Cosmo insisted on becoming a doctor, even if he wasn't that good in biology and health class."

LP laughed a bit, imagining Cosmo being a kid like her once. "When did you discover you wanted to be a doctor, Nation?"

Nation sighed a bit, thinking back on the golden memories of her childhood. "Well, when I was a bit older when Cosmo and I were getting at a legal age to take care of ourselves, I realized how much I loved spending time with my brother, even if he annoyed me at times, that maybe I could help him out until I got more experience and could assist him in any medicine. Shortly after we came to Earth, we had met Farley and he wanted new subjects for a television program he had an idea for and made us doctors. After playing doctors, we grew fond of it, and I decided to be Cosmo's assistant. We had a nurse before Laura came along, but she quit."

"I wonder if I'll be a doctor..." LP wondered to herself.

"We'll see, why don't we get you some stuff ready for school? You got a week before Denton Schools are back in session."

"A week?" LP bit her lip.

"Don't worry," Nation patted her head. "I'm sure you'll do fine, my dear."

The next day, Nation decided to have Laura take LP to the local market to get some school supplies such as a backpack, lunchbox, notebooks, pencils, pens, binders, folders, and maybe an apple for the teacher. LP was a teenager technically, but she still held onto Laura's hand as they walked into the market. Some people stared at LP, since they had not seen or heard of her before, but they felt they could recognize Laura based on her looks, but she wore casual clothes such as a yellow top with pink short pants and red sneakers.