chapter 2: Back to School: Part 2

Miracle's eyes widened. Brad was there, she had not seen Brad since he ran off with Janet to escape Farley's clutches back when Janet became Miss Mental Health. LP looked a little nervous and shocked, unsure of how to feel around the man. The other students looked at Brad dully and David did the same, since he didn't really know Brad.

The man gave a smile and clapped his hands together. "Let's get started with role call, shall we?" he went to his desk and took out the paper with everyone's names on them. He looked agape at the names that really stood out to him. Little Precious Furter and Miracle Vitus. Once Miracle found out her real name she decided to go by it as she was certain she would never be a Majors again, even if Brad was a more tolerable parent than Janet was. Brad's face paled as he saw the new students were girls he was very familiar with already.

After attendance, Brad decided the students should learn about the scientific method and he had them take notes. A couple of the students griped about it due to having schoolwork on the first day back, but LP, Miracle, and David did what was expected of them. After the slideshow Brad created for them, he let them talk amongst themselves while class was ending in a few minutes.

"So, you two know that guy?" David asked, gesturing to Brad, but not exactly pointing to him.

LP nodded.

It was Miracle who gave a more clear answer. "Vhen I vas a baby, he and Janet found me and they adopted me as their child, but they veren't married yet. They got married sometime after Betty and Ralph's vedding and they vent avay to their honeymoon. That vas also vhen I met LP since Brad and Janet vanted to tell Dr. Scott about their engagement and ve got a flat tire on the vay and ended up by the castle."

David let the story settle in his mind. He nodded as Miracle told him the story and admired his honesty. "He seems nice... How's Janet? I remember when she was Miss Mental Health, she seemed a bit gruesome."

"I blame the fame," LP cut in. "Fame does crazy things to people. She also seemed to had changed a lot since we last saw her and Brad since they came to the castle the first time."

"That's true." Miracle nodded in agreement to that.

"Whoa..." David whispered.

The bell rang which made the other students pack up and leave. LP and Miracle were about to follow David out and head to their other classes. They were stopped by Brad who had called after them.

"Is everything okay, Mr. Majors?" LP asked.

"It's fine, and Little Precious, you can call me Brad outside of class," the man replied gently. "I want to talk with you two. How are you, having me as your teacher?"

LP and Miracle eyed each other. They then shared a shrug and looked back at the man.

"It's okay, I guess... It's a little veird to get used to." Miracle shrugged at him.

"Not sure what to say, really." LP added.

"I see...I don't want any hard feelings after all we'd been through, not to mention Janet..."

"Brad, it's okay, really." Miracle told him.

"Well, okay, you're both free to come by the house anytime." Brad offered.

"Where do you live?" LP asked.

"A little community neighborhood not too far from here, we're house 1975." Brad answered with a gentle smile.

Miracle and LP smiled. They then decided to head to their next classes. After school, David was busy with stuff from home, but Miracle told LP she would come home with her so they could do their homework together and the older girl could help in any way she could. The girls rode Frank's truck back to the station and everyone talked about their day.