two

━━ ❛𝒇𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒘𝒆𝒍𝒍 𝒕𝒐 𝒎𝒐𝒏𝒂𝒄𝒐 ·˚ ༘ ☆ ▌

THE ELEGANT harbor of Monaco sparkled beneath the golden sun, its waters glistening like a sea of diamonds. It was a place where luxury and extravagance intermingled, a playground for the rich and famous.

But for Ellie Bianchi, this glamorous world had lost its luster, tainted by the heart-wrenching news she had just received.

Ellie sat alone in the spacious living room of their Monaco villa, her heart heavy with grief and disbelief.

The news had come in the form of a phone call from her mother, Isabella, who had been away on a business trip. Ellie's father, Jules Bianchi, the Formula 1 driver, had met with a tragic accident during a race.

He had been in a coma for months, fighting for his life, and now, the news was devastatingly clear—he had passed away.

Tears streamed down Ellie's cheeks as she clutched her phone, her fingers trembling. She couldn't believe that her father was gone, that the racing circuits that had once been their second home would never again resonate with his presence.

Her mother's voice on the other end of the line was filled with sorrow and concern.

"Ellie, darling" Isabella said gently, "I know this is impossibly hard, but I need you to understand that leaving Monaco might not be the answer. It's our home, where we have our friends and support system."

But Ellie's grief was overwhelming. She felt suffocated by the memories of her father that seemed to permeate every corner of their Monaco villa. "I can't stay here, Mom," she whispered, her voice trembling. "I need to get away, to find someplace where I can breathe."

Isabella sighed, her own heart heavy with loss.

She knew she couldn't force Ellie to stay, not when she was struggling to come to terms with her father's death. "Alright, darling," Isabella said, with her voice breaking. "Where do you want to go?"

Ellie wiped away her tears and looked out at the brilliant waters of the Mediterranean. The answer had been clear in her mind ever since she had heard the news.

"Santorini," she said. "Dad always talked about how beautiful it was. I want to go there, Mom."

And so, it was decided.

Ellie would leave Monaco behind, at least for a while, to seek solace in the picturesque island of Santorini. Isabella would stay in Monaco to handle the affairs of her late husband's estate, but she supported Ellie's decision, understanding the need for her to find healing in her own way.

A few weeks later, Ellie stood on the deck of a ferry as it approached the island of Santorini.

The sight of the white-washed buildings clinging to the cliffs, the iconic blue-domed churches, and the endless expanse of the Aegean Sea brought a sense of calm she hadn't felt in a long time.