1

Hi, my name is Noelle Jackson and I am 15 years old. I go to Harvey Greene Girls School. I have a best friend called Imogen Heaney who I have known and loved for the past four years.

I look down at my phone as I scroll through pinterest. I'm playing music so as I near the gates, I pull off my headphones and shove them into the top of my overly-stuffed tote bag. "Hey Immy!" I call as I sit down. She's talking to Nick as usual. She runs over and gives me big hug. "Urgh! He still hasn't asked me out!" she groans as slumps onto the table beside me. We were sitting on the table outside Truham (the boys school)  with the rugby lads as we have for the past few years as Imogen rants about her MASSIVE crush on rugby captain, Nick Nelson. It feels like Immy and I have been friends forever and it also feels like she's had a crush on her forever. "Oh My God!" Immy squeals, "We are going to be late!" We quickly say goodbye to the rugby boys and hurry towards Higgs.

We sit down in Form Room just as the bell rings. I pull out my notebook and scribble a quick note to Darcy. I chuck it towards her desk and watch as she reads it. She replies to say that she hadn't done the history homework either but that she had someone for me to meet. I agreed to find them at break and called out 'here' as Mrs. Thompson reaches my name on the register. After first period History and second period Maths, I head out to the yard to meet Darcy. I know her through Orchestra (I play the flute). I spot her hoodie through the crowds and sprint towards her as fast as I can in my Docs. She is standing with Tara and a girl I recognise from Form. "Noelle, this is Elle." she introduces, "Elle, this is Noelle." I give her a smile and she smiles shyly back. She starts to explain about her transfer from Truham but the bell rings and I grimace. "Lovely to meet you but I've got P.E. now so I have got to dash." I garble. I pull out a pen and scribble my number onto her hand. "Call me!" I yell as I race towards the P.E. Hall, my tote banging against my side.