Ouija

Probably everyone on Earth knows about Ouija but for 'the Following all rules: Miss goody two shoes', it's a dare game you play to call out the paranormal - or so believed.

"Regina, Kiara!" Riley called out to us from across the hallway. He had his arm around Abby and they walked towards us from their lockers. We were chilling with Wayne, more clearly, Kiara was chilling with Wayne and I was reading The fault in our stars, like the fifth time from the start, not that I didn't understand.

"Yes, Riley." Kiara waved her hand in the air at Wayne, "...and you, shut up." and they both smiled at each other, creepily.

'Is Kia his bitch?' I secretly thought. 'Yew, for god's sake Regina, she's your best friend.' I looked up from my book and gave Riley and Abby a smile.

"My cuz got me an ouija board for my birthday which was precisely about a month ago and I don't know why it took him...", as he continued Abby cut him in, "Do you guys want to come over to Riley's for a shot at ouija?"

"I am game." Wayne and me looked at each other as we said it at once.

"Not to be a spoiler but anything but ouija is okay with me." Kiara said.

"Are you scared, baby?" Wayne messed up her hair.

'Oh and now he's touching her', I glared at my book harder and read faster, not comprehending even a word.

"No. But I believe in it and I dare not.." She continued.

"We are going and it's over." I put my book down as I said that and Kiara shook her heads with disapproval.

"Okay then, 8, my place, you guys." He pointed at us as we all got up to leave at the ring of the school bell. "And you, my place, now." He grinned as Abby nodded sheepishly.

***

"Do you think Wayne likes you?" I asked not trying to hurt her in any way possible. I was at her place and we were just lying in her bed each in our own thoughts.

"Reggie, what?" She sat upright immediately. I didn't answer and looked back into the ceiling.

"Baby!" She hit me on my stomach. "Darling, it's nothing like that. We never flirt, we just scoot around and obviously he likes someone else!" She pulled me up.

"Yeah, who does he like?" I said and though I knew I very badly wanted to sound angry, I ended up sounding pathetic and innocent.

"Well, Reggie, I don't know, but am sure we could find out." She pushed my hair back.

"Why don't you ask him, or Riley?" I threw my phone further on my pillow.

"I am sure Riley knows who, but I don't think it would be nice of us to ask them things which obviously they have no intention of sharing with us?" She rather asked.

'Such good people we were and for the shy girl at the back bench or the academic genius or the new comer at school who would think of us to be mean?' I smirked at my thought.

"But why can't Riley tell even Abby?" She shot me a question this time.

"Maybe, Mr. Bitch asked him not to." I got up and looked at the clock, "Time to get whoopsy!" I said as I jumped in front of the mirror.

***

I walked up to his front door and knocked twice as Kiara parked her red bug under the nearest tree.