The Beach house

The evening went more peacefully than I had imagined. Wayne and me kept arguing over the slightest things. We fought from the genre of music bands to the ways we liked our eggs poached. If we both, like in a billion chances shared a common interest, we kept arguing over who liked it best.

We lit a fire outside the porch and arranged pillows and quilts around it. I wore a long tee whilst Kiara and Abby wore tanks and shorts. The boys remained in only their boxers. Wayne wore his shirt around his neck and Riley lost it a long time ago when he came out with Abby to spend the rest of the night with us.

"This is so cool. We should do this often." Abby murmured on Riley's chest. She sat on his lap while her Hercules had his hands wrapped tightly around her. I brought a tray filled with shots of tequila and Kiara trailed behind me with another tray of nachos and salsa. I sat next to Wayne and he pulled me closer and threw an arm around me. I was filled with warmth and I liked it. I turned to look at him.

"What, Sunshine?" He smirked and rubbed his nose on my cheek.

"Who is Sunshine?" I raised my eyebrows and teased him.

"Oh, I see." He nodded. "Nobody." He said to me with a serious face and then turned away and pulled back a chuckle.

"Aww, how cute you both are..." Kiara pointed at Riley and Abby and then at us. "I wish I stuck with a guy too. It's too difficult for me, but seems like if I get a boyfriend, we would be complete." She pushed her hair back her ears and took another nacho.

"What are you talking about, I don't have a boyfriend." I looked at her and then looked back at Wayne. I said it only because I thought a 'boyfriend-girlfriend term' would freak 'Mr. OMG, A relationship?' and also because I felt this was too fast, likely a couple of days.

"You don't?" Wayne narrowed his eyebrows and shook his head.

"Do you have a girl friend?" Please, please tell me yes.

"No, no I don't." He smiled and tucked my hair behind my neck. Playing this game hasn't wearied me out, yet. "But I might, pretty soon, depends on her move though." He ran his hand through his hair.

"Don't count on that." I smiled to myself as I bent forward to pick two shots, for me and Wayne.

The rest of the night was a living paradise. Of course, you finally have a confirmation that the man of your dreams with his arm around you, warming every cell of your body, likes you. You have your three other best friends talking and laughing along with you and you want no more.

Abby, me and Kiara shared a room after much persuasion to Riley who only wanted a separated room with his girl friend. The boys took the smaller and the dirtier room. We were talking for a while and they told me things looked like they were finally going to work out for me. It had to. After five months of embarrassment, I finally have emptied the list again of what I can't have.

***

"Ugh. Hangover starts!" Abby rubbed her temples as she snuggled deeper into the sheets. I turned on my other side, with my eyes still closed and wiped the saliva off my face with the back of my hand.

"Girls! Wake up." Riley walked in and pulled the blanket off us both. I groaned and hugged a pillow closer. Kiara stood by the window, tugging on the shades. The sun hit my eyes and I groaned again.

"Go... It's a Sunday." I frowned and pulled at the blankets again.

"You, have got to take care of that." Riley said as I heard foot steps walking towards me.