Chapter 1

Alice, Reisa, Mark, Minami, and I are now back in the Kanto Region, and we arrive at Viridian City. "Viridian City sure is a busy place." Alice says.

"Yeah, that means we're almost back at Pallet Town." Mark says.

When we notice the gym is rebuilt, we rush forward and I say, "The Viridian Gym! It looks brand new!"

"Yeah, but I wonder who will be the new Viridian Gym Leader..." Minami says.

Just then, a car stops in front of us, and we see a man in an Alolan outfit appear in front of us. "Hey there, pal, are you Pokemon trainers?"

"Yes?" We ask.

"Hi. I'm Scott. You must be here for a Gym battle, what's your name?" The man named Scott asks us.

After we introduce ourselves, I say, "I already have this gym's badge."

"Then you must be very good. Maybe you are qualified for the Battle Frontier." He says.

"Battle Frontier?" We are confused by this term, and I ask, "What are you talking about?"

"I'm glad you ask-" Before we can ask some more, we hear a scream and find Ms. Agatha falling off the bike.

"Ms. Agatha!" We try to help her up, and she says, "Thank you, Ash. I guess I got my turn a little too fast. At least I didn't land on the tomatoes."

Mark says, "If you want to, we can help you carry those bags."

"And I'll help you with your bike." Alice says as we help, and Agatha says, "Thank you, just help me put inside the gym."

"Wait, Ms. Agatha, you're working at the Viridian Gym? But you're an Elite Four..."

"Yeah, I've been working several months already as a gym leader." Agatha says.

After we enter the gym, we find that the place is looking different compared to before. Agatha asks, "How's business going, Scott? Find any good trainers on Seafoam Islands?"

"I can tell you, but then I have to sign a release form." Scott says.

"You and all your top-secret shenanigans." Agatha says. "And you, Ash. I heard from Aurora that you won the Hoenn League as well, congratulations."

"Thanks." I say as Scott asks if I want a rematch with Ms. Agatha, and I agree to battle. Agatha brings out Gengar while I go with Pikachu.

"So instead of using Absol, he goes for Pikachu..." Minami says.

"Ash wants to show how strong it is since last time." Alice says.

Pikachu starts out with Quick Attack which completely misses Gengar since it is a Ghost-type Pokémon. Agatha says, "Using a Normal Move on Gengar, did you forget the basics of the type match-ups?"

"Of course not. Now use Thunderbolt now!" Ash yells, but Gengar flattens its body to move under Pikachu and dodge the attack.

Gengar uses Shadow Ball as Pikachu dodges. Gengar tries to use another Shadow Ball but Pikachu jumps on top of it and then uses Iron Tail to hit Gengar, sending it to the ceiling. Pikachu tries to use another Iron Tail but Gengar uses Double Team to completely surround Pikachu. Gengar uses Shadow Ball as Pikachu uses Thunderbolt to hit all the fakes and the real ones. Gengar uses Shadow Ball again as Pikachu dodges before using Iron Tail to land another hit. Pikachu finishes it off with Thunder.

"Very well. I see you get a lot stronger." Agatha says in awe.

"Thanks. Ms Agatha." Ash says. "But I still want to know why are you here being a gym leader?"