Chapter 21

At the hot springs, I am sitting there with Max accompanying me. Max asks, "So what happened to your special training, Ash?"

"I haven't forgotten... I don't want to start too quickly. I don't want to wait too long either. I just don't know what to do, so what is it that only I can teach myself?"

After getting out of the hot spring, we decide to find others, and Max asks, "It's Beautifly and Skitty!"

"It sure has been a long time." I say.

"Yeah, I know, Mom told me that Beautifly has just learned how to use Psychic." May says.

"That's great, good for Beautifly." I reply.

"That's gotta make you happy." Max says.

"It does, but my combination isn't working that well..." May says.

"So Ash, how's your training?" When Reisa asks me, I frown, "It's not going so good. I can't just figure out what to do."

"Maybe you just need someone to work with." My Mom says as we look at her. "You train with May and May trains with you."

"That sounds like a good idea." Serena says.

"No way." When May says it, we turn to her, "Well, I'm trying to say I'm not as strong as Ash..."

Just then, much to our surprise, Professor Oak, Dad, and Dia have come to the Pokemon Center. I gasp, "Dad! Dia! Professor Oak! What are you doing here!"

"We come to see you face to face after all." Professor Oak says.

"Mom call us and tell us about the problem." Dia says. "You seem to have some trouble with training, is that right?"

Then we decide to head back to the center hall, and we notice that Professor Oak actually has a big bag. "Professor Oak, what's that?"

"You'll see." Then my Dad takes out a giant banner with all the footprints, he says, "When your Pokemon heard that you're having a tough time, they insisted on making you something to cheer you up. And it is a rather unique piece of artwork."

When he opens it, we can't believe how many footprints are there.

"Wow, there are so many of them." Ariel says.

"Yeah, this is Venusaur, Typhlosion, and this is Muk's!" Serena says.

"They did all of this for me, that's really great." I say. "Thanks, Dad, you really make my day."

"No problem Ash." My Dad says.

Professor Oak then also gives me a lunch box that belongs to Brock, and a special lure from Misty.

"With all that training you have there, you should take a good rest, young man." Professor Oak says.

"Thanks." I say.

"And finally there's a little something from Gary." Professor Oak says as we flinch.

"What does Gary want this time?" Reisa asks.

"It is a postcard from Sinnoh." Professor Oak says while handing me the card. "He's currently using it as his home base for Pokemon Research."

"Sinnoh?" I say. "That looks great. Sounds like Gary's working hard too."

After thinking of a memory before I separate with Gary, I say, "He's right. I don't have time to waste either. Let's do it right, I'm ready!"

Then with the new determination, I know what to do against Brandon's three Regis. Professor Oak recites a poem for me to help me, while Nurse Joy runs up to him and asks for his autograph.