Two Days Until the Party

Michael was glad he didn't have to stay at Fredbear's again. At least, not when it was empty.

Midday was actually interesting. People were bustling about, the robots were dancing, and Michael was having fun. Especially now that three others joined him.

"You really had to come here when it was barren?" Alexander asked. "Creepy."

"Not really. Just super boring," Michael assured, leaning against a vacant table.

"Yeah, but were there actually employees around so early?" Thomas pressed. "Like, they still get into the suits?"

"Apparently."

Alexander glanced over at the closest springlock employee. He was in a Fredbear suit. "I wonder why. No one's there. Definitely not many kids."

"I've never bothered to ask."

"Hey, Mike, look," Jackson cut in, gesturing a little ways across the crowd. Evan was there, holding his Fredbear plushie between his arms. Michael had no idea why his brother was approaching them.

Michael's grip on the table tightened, pulling up loose tablecloth.

Slowly, almost cautiously, the boy walked up to them. "What...what are you all doing?"

"What do you care?" Jackson grinned, looking down at Evan.

"I was...I was just, erm, wondering if..." Evan took a deep breath. "If I could...maybe..."

"What?" Michael pried, his grip on the loose tablecloth tightening.

Evan stared at his feet. "If I could hang out with...erm...you. You all."

The four paused, exchanging glances first of confusion, then of amusement.

"You want to hang out with us?" Michael scoffed. "As in—what —Fredbear's run out of commentary? Why us?"

"I..." Evan looked on the verge of crying—not that it was surprising. "I thought...erm..."

"Get out of here, kid," Jackson told him, smirking. "Maybe in a few years, m'kay?"

Evan didn't seem to have a good response. In fact, he didn't seem to have a response at all. The boy looked between the four slowly, almost pleadingly, but finally, he turned the other way, trembling, back near the entrance. Maybe under a table to cry.

"Holy shit, that kid is sad," Jackson remarked. "What happened to him?"

"Who knows?" Michael shrugged, relaxing. "I haven't noticed much of a change since he was born."

"Your brother needs friends," Alexander told Michael. "That's his problem."

"But you've introduced another issue," Michael replied. "Making friends. You think Evan can do something like that?"

Alexander held back a laugh. "No, probably not."

"Wanna get out of here?" Thomas prompted. "I doubt anyone will notice four kids vanish."

"Sure. I think I've gotta get home soon anyway," Jackson said.

"I think I'm done being in the same building as that crybaby," Michael muttered.

"Yeah, but you'll hardly notice him," Thomas said. "All he does is hide under the tables."

Michael smirked, stepping forward and leading his friends to the outside. There were cars bustling about, trying to get a parking space, and one kid in the lot. The group sauntered past, reaching the sidewalk Michael used to get home.

"Wait," Jackson said, suddenly stopping. He turned to Michael with a grin on his face. "You need to scare Evan again and tell us about it."

"He has to?" Alexander asked. Thomas, however, grinned.