Zero Days Until the Party

Today was the day.

Evan's birthday.

The Party.

Michael had been laying in bed, thinking for a while. Sure, Evan would be having fun—sort of—all day, but surely Michael could sneak in another joke on him. Michael knew his friends would be attending, thank goodness. But what could they pull together? So far it had mostly been them tagging along with whatever Michael wanted to pull. It was time for them to team up.

But by using what?

A knock came on Michael's door. "I hope you're dressed." It was Michael's father.

Michael sighed. "I'm almost done." This wasn't true. He was still in yesterday's outfit.

"Good." His footsteps receded.

Michael groaned, dragging himself out of the bed. He pulled open his closet doors, grabbing a grey tank top. With how many guests would be attending, it would be agonisingly hot. He slipped into shorts and was about to close the closet door when something caught his eye.

Michael pulled the bright red plastic closer, turning it in his hand and watching his lights reflect off the sharp white grin.

His Foxy mask.

Michael matched the thing's smile. He wondered: If Evan couldn't deal with one mask, how would he fare with four?

Michael tied the mask to one of his belt loops, heading out to the kitchen. He needed to make sure his friends were in on his new plan.

Evan was in the living room, holding Fredbear and watching Fredbear and Friends. He looked at Michael, pushing back against the couch warily. Michael smiled at him. Evan grew visibly afraid, glancing down at the mask around his brother's waist.

Michael crossed into the kitchen, reaching for the phone against the wall. He rolled through Jackson's number, waiting for someone in his house to pick up.

"Hello?" It was a woman's voice.

"Mrs. Perez, hello," Michael said. "Is Jackson there?"

"Oh, Michael! Yes, he's here, give me one moment." The phone was quiet, aside from the very muffled yelling coming from Jackson's mother for her child.

"He'll be right down," Mrs. Perez said cheerily. "So, your brother's birthday today! That must be exciting."

"I'm planning on it," Michael told her, twisting the string of his Foxy mask.

A scuffling sound took place, and a familiar voice took over. "Mike?"

"Jack! Hey, I have something exciting planned for Evan's birthday."

"What kind of exciting?" Michael could tell Jackson was intrigued.

"Bring your Bonnie mask; I'll tell you over there. And tell Tom about it; I still need to call Alex."

"Sir yes, sir," Jackson told him. Michael grinned, amused.

"Michael?" his father called from the living room.

Michael pulled away from the phone. "Yea—Yes?"

"We're leaving."

Michael paused where he was, but he knew he didn't have enough time to call Alexander. "Jack, you'll need to call Alex too; I have to leave already. I dunno if I'll be able to call him over at Fredbear's."

"Got it. But I have to ask," Jackson started. "What exactly is the plan for today?"

"Can't tell you until we're at Fredbear's," Michael told him. "I don't want anyone overhearing that shouldn't."