Invitations

The next morning Frankie checked her phone to see if Cate had texted. Nothing. She was worried about her. So she texted her.

Frankie: Good morning! Had a nice night last night! I like spending time with you.

Cate: ***You've been blocked from this caller***

   Frankie's heart sunk in her chest. Blocked?? How could she block her? What did she do? Of course she sensed the weirdness on the other line but she didn't want to pry. Was Cate mad she didn't ask her questions? Was she mad she didn't pry for information?

   Frankie felt a pit in her stomach. She felt sick. She really liked Cate. Now she felt she was being ripped away from her. She just got to know her, and she was gone. What happened?

   She immediately texted Leida. She didn't even think about it.

Frankie: Hey, have you heard from Cate?

Leida: Yeah, I mean I'm right here with her now. Why?

Frankie: No reason, I just texted her this morning and she hasn't replied. I was worried. It's okay, I know she's okay now. That's all I needed to know!

Leida: Clingy are we? Yeah, she's fine! She's talking with Dash right now as we speak.

Frankie: How does she seem?

Leida: I mean, she seems fine. She's laughing. Why?

Frankie: Okay, that's all I needed to know. Thanks Leid!

Leida: Did something happen between you guys? Why are you asking me these things? Just call her if you're so worried!

Frankie: You know, what? I didn't even think of that! Thanks Leid. Everything is okay. No need to worry! :)

Leida: Okay... Talk to you later then?

Frankie: Yeah, we'll talk later Leid! Xx

   So, she is fine. She's laughing and living a normal life. What the hell? I mean, it was comforting to know she was okay but... why did she block her? She couldn't stop thinking about it. She tried linking all of the things together, all of the scenarios. She just had a bad feeling and she couldn't shake it.

Frankie: Leid, how long are you going to be there?

Leida: I mean, we're sending out invites. So, all day! You can come over if you want. We could definitely use the help!

Frankie: You sure?

Leida: That we need help? Absolutely! Lol

Frankie: Okay, I'll be over then! Xx

   That was sneaky but she had to get over there. She had to check on Cate. She had to make sure for herself she was okay. She had to make sure so she could get rid of the pit in her stomach. For her conscience, she told herself.

   So, she got ready.

This was what her outfit looked like

Hair something like this

   She then spritzed on her perfume and some mascara and headed out

She pulled up to the house and got a pit in her stomach. She couldn't stop thinking about her and why it happened. Why did she block her? Would she welcome her? Would she hate her? What happened?

So, she walked up, and knocked on the door, feeling 3 feet tall. Cate answered the door, to her surprise. She walked outside on the porch with her and shut the door behind her. "Hey, Frankie" she said, not showing what emotion she was feeling.

"Hey... I... are you okay?" She asked. "Yes Frankie, I'm fine. How are you?" She asked. She was acting so weird, so... nonchalant. What the hell? "Oh... okay, g-good" she said. "Can I... do anything for you?" She asked.

"No, just... here to help with invitations" she said, coldly. "Oh, I...didn't know you were helping" Cate said dismissively, as she turned her back and walked inside, leaving the door open for Frankie.

Frankie didn't know what to do. So, she just came in. She felt like leaving but then Leida came running up to her, hugging her and chatting. This made her feel a lot more comfortable. So, she sat down and helped with the invites. They assembly lined it. Cate & Leida adressed, Frankie & Dash sealed, and Edith & Andrew stamped them.

There was music playing in the background. Dash made a playlist. He liked making playlists. Every now and then, she saw Cates lips turn up at a song he chose to put on. She seemed to approve of his music taste. She probably had a big influence on it Frankie thought.

The thought about the influence Cate had on her, and she had hardly known Cate for long. Imagine how much of an influence Cate would have as a mom. Imagine Cate as a mom Frankie smiled. She thought about what Cate would've looked like when Dash fell down and skinned his knee. The care and attention she probably gave him.

She probably kissed his cuts to make him feel better. This made her smile. She was such a loving human. The kind of mom she wished she had growing up. She sighed, apparently pretty audibly. "You okay Frankie?" Andrew asked.

"Oh, yes! I didn't realize that was audible!" Frankie laughed. "Yeah, I think you and I may be thinking the same thing!" Andrew laughed. I doubt it. "Oh?" Frankie asked. "Yeah, time for a break everyone! Let's take five!" He announced.

"Take five..." Cate laughed at his theatrical behavior. Andrew kissed her on the head and began walking away. "Anyone want to go for a walk?" Andrew asked. Leida, Edith and Dash followed along. That just left Cate and Frankie, alone.

It was silent for a moment but then Cate finally broke the silence. "It wasn't your fault" Cate said. "Wh-what?" Frankie asked, taken off guard. She just expected them to sit in silence to be honest with you. "Me, blocking your number" she said. "I was afraid I was going to do something stupid" Cate said.

"If I blocked people's number because I thought I'd do something stupid, I don't think I would have any contacts" Frankie said. This earned a laugh from Cate. "Are you mad?" She asked. "Of course not, I was just worried Cate" Frankie said.

"You mean, you aren't mad at me for doing that?" Cate looked at her, eyes wide. Dear god, who could be mad at her? "No, I'm not. I just wished you would have told me is all... I don't know, a heads up!" Frankie laughed.

"Heads up, I'm blocking you... I don't know" Frankie laughed at herself. "I'll be sure to do that next time" Cate smiled. "Next time? Do you mean, I'm unblocked?" Frankie smiled. "Yeah, I unblocked you a few minutes ago" Cate smiled. "I just... I have a lot of people depending on me. I can't do stupid things. I can't afford to be... stupid" Cate said.

This made Frankie a little sad. She felt Cate couldn't really relax, ever. She couldn't afford to look dumb and it would cost her everything if she did. The price she would always pay, being in the public eye. She had never thought about that.

Frankie just put her hand on Cates. "It's okay, you can always be stupid with me. I won't tell anyone" Frankie smirked. Cate looked up at her and for a second, Frankie swore she could sense... this energy coming off her. Her smile said one thing but her eyes... said another.