The Taste of Rage

🏨🔙

"Thanks, Mommy," you mumbled mindlessly, still trying to make your brain work at that early hour in the morning. It's fucking 5 in the morning, dear god. It took you some more seconds to realize that someone had gasped and everybody around you had frozen entirely. You lift your eyes to the one who handed you the mug with your coffee, only to find Minho's threatening eyes staring at you.

"My bad," you mouthed, suddenly more than awake. He's still trying to set you on fire with only his eyes, while you hear a soft chuckling in the distance, "And she made fun of my Daddy Kink, uhm" The sarcastic tone of Chan's voice hit you loud and clear, and you are about to retort that, if Minho didn't hiss to you through gritted teeth, "I asked you just ONE THING", sitting down next to you, passing a mug to Jisung on his right side.

You and Jisung are usually the ones that get most of Minho special attention,- sure, he gives his attention to all the members, but with the two of you, he's more specific. He knows how you take your coffee, so he never handed you that shitty watered coffee with too many sugary shits in it and fucking ice in it. You drink triple espresso, 'like a real man', and that's what he gives you.

"Well, if he even asked that..." you heard Hyunjin whispering somewhere in the middle of the table, but you don't dare to leave Minho's eyes, which are looking at you like he's ready to push you off the window behind you.

"I swear, these two idiots-" Changbin replied to the redhead, interrupted by his own giggles. You keep ignoring them.

"I'm so sorry. My brain is off right now, it goes on autopilot," you hissed at him, trying to put on your best puppy eyes. You couldn't swear it, but maybe something softened in his gaze, maybe a little. You turned your face to the surrounding guys at the breakfast table and said, "And I obviously don't call Mingo 'Mommy' - usually I'm used to my mom making me my breakfast, it's not what you thin-" You had raised your voice to say that in almost a condescending tone, implying that it's not your fault if they have dirty minds. This is a pre-set, the only person who knows that is an actual lie is Min, so it's okay-

"Girl, you've been living in Korea for years now, I definitely don't believe that was a a reflex- Ah, I'm sorry." Jisung ducked his head the moment Minho turned his head from you to him, shutting him out immediately. The sudden retreat from Han made Felix scoff, but Minho didn't seem to care about it - he pretty much let him do whatever he wants, having a soft spot for the Aussie little guy.

"Okay, you know what? Let's all forget about it, right? We are all tired, and we need to head out for the airport in about 45 minutes. Let's all forget about... the pet name." Chan clapped his hands before speaking, but even if this was a helpful hand in this awkward situation you created, you couldn't help but notice how his eyebrows crinkled a little while gazing at you.

Nobody else seems to notice that, anyway, so you just take a sip of your coffee, hoping that your mind is just playing weird on you. You shoved a bite of your croissant down your throat and woke yourself up properly when your eyes landed on Innie's hands in front of you, clearly struggling to peel a boiled egg, eyebrows really close together, tongue peaking out on the corner of his mouth. You put down your croissant, hummed at him to get his attention, and then motioned your hand to yourself to make him hand you the egg. He did it, huffing a laugh at himself but smiling fondly at you while you peeled it for him and then tossing it back in his hands. For some reason, Seungmin next to him handed you his own boiled egg too, and you automatically took it, peeled it and handed it back to him with a little smile. Ah, these kids. You didn't catch the enchanted eyes Minho landed on you, and you definitely didn't notice the worried look Chan darted at you.