Eachothers Company

When Ava woke up the following morning, her arm was laid across Connor's chest. She opened her eyes and looked up to see him still asleep, a smile crept over her face as she moved closer to him. She wanted him awake with her, so she started leaving a trail of kisses on his neck. He groaned and turned onto his side, she laughed.

"He's not an easy water is he...?" Ava whispered quietly. She decided to let him sleep while she got up to shower. She didn't have any clothes other than her scrubs, so she started rifling through Connors closet for clothes. After a couple minutes of searching, she found one of his sweatshirts so she took that and went to the bathroom. Ava opened the door to the bathroom and walked in, turning on the shower and hopping in, hoping to be in and out before he woke up. She finished her shower and reached up, feeling around for a towel, but when she couldn't find one, one was handed to her, which she found odd, and he scared her a bit, so she snatched up the towel and quickly closed the shower door. She wrapped the towel around herself and slowly opened the door, seeing an all to familiar shirtless figure standing there, Connor.

"I think you have my missing sweatshirt." He said with his typically charming smirk, holding up the black shirt and handing it to her. She stepped out and looked up at him.

"What are we Connor...?" She asked warily.

"What do you mean...?"

"Are we... together....? Me and you?"

"I think I should properly ask.." he said smugly. "Ava Bekker, will you be my girlfriend?"

"Yes!" She flung her arms around his neck and kissed him, grinning from ear to ear when she felt one back.

"We've gotta get ready for work dear.." he said, leaving a peck on her cheek.

At work, they acted as if there was nothing between them, they went about their day as usual. Connor didn't mind the casualness, but Ava couldn't stand it, she wanted everyone to know he was hers and hers only. He was assisting on trauma service today, so she decided to go down and pay him a visit. After she got off the elevator and walked into the ED, she had to do a double take to make sure she saw correctly. One of the student doctors was casually flirting with him and he was letting her. She looked him up and down, a shocked and extremely angry look on her face. After a minute of standing there, and watching him let her touch his arm and back, tears welled up in her eyes, she knew it was to good to be true.. she ran off, tears spilling down her cheeks. She struggled to keep quite, she loved Connor, and she thought he felt the same..

She went and sat down in the locker room where they had properly talked for the first time, knees to her chest and tears pouring down her face. Connor came up a while later to retrieve his stethoscope from his locker when he saw her.

"Ava! Honey what's wrong..?" He knelt down in front of her and she pushed him away. Obviously confused, he stood up. "Wha-"

"Who was she??" Ava asked "Who was that girl that you were oh so okay with flirting with you?!" He sighed in relief, he thought someone had hurt his sweet girl..

"Let me explain.. she's a student, Maggie partnered her with me. I was aware she was flirting, and I quickly told her I was in a committed relationship.. with you.." He said, grabbing her hands. "I only want you.. you make me happy.. we may have only bee dating for half a day but you are already my everything.." She looked at him.

"You let her touch your arm... a-and your back..." She said through tears.

"Avey that means nothing... she was just doing that to be friendly..." He said softly.

"You aren't interested in her....?"

"No! Of course not! I only want you..." he said, slowly standing up, bringing her into a hug. She relaxed into his embrace and laid her head on his chest.

"I have a question..." she said, pushing him onto the couch and sitting in his lap. "Can we make our relationship public...? I want people to know we're together.." She said.

"If that's what you want" He said and smiled.

After they both clocked out and went to go home, they walked through the ED holding hands, arms touching and fingers laced tightly together. As everyone looked at them, he leaned over and kissed her head, causing her to giggle. He looked around, everyone was staring at them and only them. He stopped walking, as did Ava, and they kissed, everyone gasped. Ava smirked. "They know now..." She said against his lips.

"Mhm..." He said softly, wrapping his arms around her waist. She jumped up into his arms and he laughed. He carried her outside and into his awaiting car, before driving them home for the evening. When they got home, Ava was super chatty, excited, she was happy that everyone knew and that they could be more public and open about their relationship at work and in front of others, especially their colleagues. After a long day at work, all they wanted was each other, so they went straight to their room.