Trinity and the Lost Elephant

Once upon a time, Trinity, her mommy, and daddy decided to go on a picnic one beautiful Saturday morning as the fall season approached. The leaves on the trees were like a colorful dance with the wind.

They placed their picnic blanket on the grass and filled it with delicious food. Trinity brought along a basket filled with apples and strawberries. The family played games like kickball, catch, and hide-and-seek, having a splendid time.

As the games made them all quite hungry, Trinity decided to return to the picnic blanket to enjoy some apples from her basket. Trinity adored apples, and she'd already savored one when she noticed something peculiar behind a nearby tree-a baby elephant!

Startled yet curious, Trinity asked, "Are you lost? Where's your mommy?" The baby elephant, whose name was Ely, spoke, saying, "My name is Ely, and I think I'm lost. I'm sorry for trying to take your apple; I was really hungry." Trinity kindly replied, "I'm Trinity, and I'm three years old. Don't worry; sharing is caring. We'll help you find your mommy."

Just as Trinity was about to explain the situation to her daddy, Ely hid behind her. Daddy approached and asked, "Trinity, are you okay?" Trinity answered, "Yes, Daddy, but I have something important to tell you and mommy. I've made a new friend, Ely, and she's lost. Can we help her find her mommy?" Daddy agreed, and Ely offered, "Hop on my back, so you won't have to walk."

Together, they followed some large footprints on the ground, likely belonging to the baby elephant's mommy. Following the tracks, they discovered a massive elephant. Ely called out, "Mommy, mommy, I'm here!" The mother elephant approached, relieved to find her little one safe.

The mommy elephant expressed her gratitude to each of them. But Trinity had one more request-she wanted to play a bit longer with her new friend, the baby elephant.

Suddenly, Trinity and Ely noticed something extraordinary. It was a giant dandelion, a rare sight during the fall season. Ely remembered what her mommy had told her: "You need to hold this dandelion up in the air, make a wish, and blow it." They both wished, "I hope we can be forever friends," and then shared a warm hug. They blew the dandelion, and together they chased the floating dandelion seeds in the air.

As the sun began to set, it was time for Trinity, mommy, and daddy to head back to their picnic area. They said their goodbyes, and Ely thanked them for their help and kindness. Trinity also gave Ely and her mommy two apples as a parting gift.

The next morning, as Trinity sat at the breakfast table with her mommy and daddy, she couldn't contain her excitement. "Mommy, I had a wonderful dream," she exclaimed. "I couldn't believe I have an elephant friend now. Her name was Ely." Trinity pointed to the picture of a mommy and baby elephant her mommy had painted for her room when she was still in her belly. "This picture reminds me of my good friend, and I always imagine that the baby elephant and her mommy are always together, just like us, mommy." Trinity asked, "Can we draw a big dandelion in the picture?" Mommy smiled and replied, "Yes, we'll draw it together, dear."

And so, Trinity's magical adventure with her new friend Ely became a cherished memory, forever captured in the picture on her wall.

The End

Written by Eureka Robey, with the imaginative input of my 3-year-old daughter, Trinity.