epilogue

10

Years

Later

"Ma'am? You need to review all the articles for this weeks edition." Mandy emailed me the final draft of this weeks news. 

"Yep. Thank you Mandy" 

"Of course, boss." She left my office. I entered my email to review the articles.  I had been promoted over the years, and at this point, I barely wrote articles anymore. I was the director of the magazine. It covered almost everything.  It really was a dream job.  

I skimmed through the articles. One of my best writers had wrote a really moving piece about immigration in America. I skipped over to the pop culture section. I skimmed through the smaller articles about the new musical artists. I finally got to the main section. 

My stomach sunk. My lips parted. 

Jonah Hauer-King: Who is this New Star? An Interview. 

The read the title over and over. The name. I sat there in silence. He hadn't crossed my mind in a long time. My short time in the small town, the memory faded from my mind over these years, but the second I thought about it, every detail came back. I looked at the cover image of the man I fell in love with all those years ago.  I switched my tab over to Google and looked up his name. My eyes scanned the results as they showed up on the screen. Articles about his rise to stardom. He had starred in his first hit movie about seven years ago, and with his new movie released recently, his name has risen back up into the pop culture world. I'll bet that movie part he got all those years ago, was the part that put his name on the map. The part that we had broken up over. 

I decided to read through the article. It was written by someone I wasn't familiar with. There were basic questions about his family.  I read over a question but something caught my eye. 

"What's your most prized possession?" The interviewer wrote. 

"Well, there's this ring that my girlfriend gave me." I stopped. Girlfriend. It had been ten years, so it was expected, and I had a boyfriend. But my mind reminded me of the promise we had made to each other, to wait for each other. Something stung in my heart at the sight of the text. 

I took a moment to let that settle in before watching the recorded version of the interview. I pressed play and he appeared on screen. He looked exactly like the man I fell In love with. The same. And his voice, the same. The same accent. The accent I fell for. I watched half of the interview before picking up my phone. I just had to check. I had switched phones over the years, but I needed to know if I still had his number.  I looked up a "Jonah" In my contacts, but nothing popped up.  I tried other words I might have called him. After a few empty results, and lost hope, I tried one more word. 

"love" And there it was. His contact. It had transferred along with all my other contacts. Who knows if he still had the same number. But something inside of me begged to contact him. Something inside me missed him dearly. So I let my thoughts win. 

love <3

y/n

Hey. It's me.

Read 10:36 AM

The End

🎉 You've finished reading 𝐅𝐎𝐑𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄 𝐌𝐘 𝐀𝐋𝐖𝐀𝐘𝐒, 𝐉.𝐇.𝐊 🎉