47

"To act a certain way and to live by it is the standard"-Naya Lemaire
—————————————————-

NAYA
I take a deep breath as my father walks into the room.I told my parents that I needed to have an important conversation with them.

I decided a public settling was the best place for it.So I rented out a part of my dads favorite restaurant in hopes that we can fix this family.

Because obviously it isn't as perfect as it seems.He sits down and puts the napkin on his lap.My mother narrows her eyes before looking at me.

"Naya why have you called us here?"."You know damn well why I called you here".

Her eyes widen and she drops her spoon."Excuse me?"she says pissed.

"Naya that is not the way you should be talking to your mother"."I would apologize but I wouldn't mean it".

She glares at me as my father sighs."How is Ares doing?"father asks.

"He's fine.Recovering.Being a moody bitch as usual.Clingy as always.Needy like no other".My father chuckles as my mother ignores us.

"I've called you both here for a family meeting"."Meeting?To discuss what?"Mom asks.

I give her a sideways glance and say "Your treacherous actions"."What?".

"Three  days ago you met with Apollo Makris and Tobias Laurent".Her eyes shoot out like saucers and I point to her.

"Yea I found that out.Crazy what a bug will do"."You bugged my office?".

"Sure did.And all to find out that you have intentions to kill father and get rid of my boyfriend".Father clenched his jaw and looks at my mother.

"Mi Amore is that true?".She glares at me coldly and says "No".

"You better tell the truth or I will find it out myself".She sighs and nods her head slowly.

"Do you know your actions can get you killed!?"."I am not the only one who is a liar here!You are having an affair!".

I look over to my father and he starts laughing."A affair?Is that what you think I'm doing"."I saw you with that whore in the hotel last month".

"hmm that whore was A client of mine from Korea.And I will have you know she had a different room on a completely different floor"."And her going to your room at 3am!That can't be from work!".

"She had just received a call from her father about a approval on a trading alliance.The time difference had her up there at 3am.I cannot believe you think I would be unfaithful after everything I did to get us here".He glares at her as my mom looks at him shocked.

"We will start with punishment procreedings.Though in my eyes you will most likely be terminated from your position".He jets up and holds his hand out for me.

My mother glares at me and I take my fathers hand.He ignores my mothers pleading look and leads us out of the store.

"Thank you Angel"."Huh?".

"I've had my suspicions about her involvement with the Italians.But this..this will be the end for her".I look down sadly as a car comes for us.

He opens the door for me and I get in.He shuts the door as he gets in and tells the driver to take us home.

"Does that fiancée of yours know?"."Father we are not-".

"Im fully aware of his intention to marry you, Angel".I chuckles softly and nod my head.

"I told him first"."And what did he tell you?".

I glance up at him and say "Fix your family.You have a chance at least".

My father nods his head and says "Ares Makris has always been wise.He simply has always had loose screws.But it seems that you have put them back in order".

I nod my head and he takes a deep breath.
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

ARES
"Death to you".

Apollo eyes darken as my father rolls his eyes."How I determine who will be the next head of Makris is not with a battle to the death"."How unexciting"Ace says frowning.

My father called a meeting to discuss how he was going to go about to about choosing the next head of Makris.

I simply just wanted to go back to Naya.She texted me saying that she was home and watching a movie with Aaliyah.I put my hand on the side of my face and sigh.

"Then how will you, father?"."Simple.I will have you do a bunch of task that we leaders usually have to do.If you can't do them right then you have no use to being a leader of a mafia family".

Apollo claps his hand and says "I am a fan of this father.You will see how illogical your son is"."Fuck off, you piece of sh-".

"-Enough.i will give you both your first task tomorrow.Until then, try not to kill each other".I glance at Apollo and he looks away.

"Great this meeting is dismissed.Well actually Ares I have a job for you".Apollo glares at me as I walk over.

"What is it?".

He stares at Apollo and he grunts.He gets up and walks out of the room as Ace stays.

"Actually it is a task for the both of you.I need you to sneak into the Volkov House"."Im sorry?But isn't it closed off".

"Not as of yet.Eli Volkov and Callisto Makris werent the only one in on it.I want to know who else was in on"."Get your information tonight.".

"Got it.We will get want you need father".

He smiles and says "I knew I could count on you".Me and Ace walk out and he smirks.

"Oh this will be a breeze.You good on working together?".I nod my head and walk over to the kitchen.

Kasimir was sitting down at the counter there eating a bowl of cereal.
He spots us bother and sets his spoon down to greet us.

"What's up you two?"."Nothing much.You see that little shit?".

"He left just out the front door.Got in his car and left".He leans forward and asks "What did dad want to talk about?".

"The race for Heir"."Of the Campbell family"He says deadly.

"No! You know that is all you.To the Makris family"."Got it.What is he having you do?".

"Just a series of test to make sure we will be good leaders"."I see.Well good luck to you".

"Well right now we have to go to dig into the Volkov family mansion for information"."Gotcha.Well if you need nothing let me know".

Ace grabs his coat and I nod my head."I will".