Strawberry Picking

Tails turned around as he heard Amy sigh from beside him.

“Are you alright?” He asked, tilting his head in a way Amy can only describe as adorable. 

“Yeah, I’m fine…” Amy said, looking down at the basket she was picking. It was slightly over half-way full, which was more than Tails could say considering his wasn’t even quarter way full.

It was on of those, quite moments, Amy enjoyed having around Tails. The two would go out doing an activity, spending time together, without saying anything... Just enjoying the other's company. 

True, it was weird sometimes, wanting to say something to fill the silence; however, at moments like these, the silence was something that fit.

The two of them were there picking strawberries for Amy to make her infamous strawberry cake. (Which wasn't really infamous considering Tails claimed to have not tasted it once. Something Amy refused to let past!)

“We should do things like this more often,” Amy said with a small smile, looking at the young fox beside her.

“Yeah! We should!” Tails exclaimed, raising a fist to the air. “I love doing things like this with you! I wish we could always do things like this together! Too bad we are always stuck trying to stop Eggman…” Tails said, mumbling the last part.

Unbeknownst to Tails, Amy actually heard it, and was truthfully thinking the same thing.

Amy always wondered how her life would have been if she hadn’t met Sonic on Mushroom Island, and if she didn’t follow him…

Would she have been living a normal life? A life like all the girls her age?

It was a weird thought she concluded. Sometimes, she was sad that she gave up her chance to live a normal peaceful life… One where she didn’t have to worry about fighting, or about what next robot Eggman would bring next. Nor about whether they would be able to succeed in stopping Eggman’s next plan. Nor about whether this would be the last time she would see her friends laughing in front of her…

Other times, however, she was glad that she left it! If she hadn’t followed Sonic, she would never have been able to meet all her friends, or meet out with them, like she was now with Tails…

Speaking of the kit, she wondered how it was for him… 

He was Sonic’s side-kick… Sonic’s right hand… Sonic’s partner in crime…

But… he was still a kid. 

Even younger than Amy! 

Only seven years old… 

He hasn’t even reached his double digits…

If it was this hard for Amy, how hard was it for him?