Chapter One

Its been five years since mother and father passed. Here I am. Standing in front of their graves, holding on to my four year old brothers hand. I looked at their graves sadly. Wished that they were here. Hopefully they are happy wherever they are. I finally paid off the debt I owe. I used the money I received when I was sixteen. In there there was five million dollars. I gave them the one million so they can go away. They stopped coming.

I finally paid for the bills for the house. I even got my own piano tuner and learned how to tune it myself. Now we only have one thousand dollars left. It may seem like a lot but its still to little. Because my mother was a pianist, I played the piano for my brother and I so it can remind me of mother. Father played the violin. I knew how to play but his violin is gone. Someone stole it and it was never found. But I'm searching for it. Because the piano and violin is all what's left of my parents.

"Where's mommy and daddy?" Asked the little on next to me. Tears fell down my once cloudy eyes. "Onii-chan, what's wrong?" (Onii-chan=older brother)

"Kaa-san and tou-san is sleeping in front of us." I replied sadly. (Kaa-chan=mom tou-chan=dad)

"When am I going to see them? Why do I only see them in pictures?"

Still holding his hand, I turned and crouched down to his eye level. Then I answered him, "You won't see mommy and daddy for a long time. And we have the pictures to remember how they used to look like before they slept for a long time."

"Why are they sleeping? Why can't they wake up?"

"I'll tell you when we get older OK?" He nodded slowly. "Come on. Let's go home." It was 12:15. Almost time for work. It's now my afternoon shift at the restaurant.

The taxi was waiting for me like I told them to. They looked at me with sympathy. They know how it was like go lose someone important to them. I smiled weakly. I told the driver the address to the workplace. Took ten minutes till we got there. Masahiro is sleeping. I paid the driver and carried my baby brother inside.

I got inside smoothly, since they recognized me. I brought my brother to my manager's office. He recognized me immediately, and went to the mini-bed he had in the office.

"I'm sorry for this. And bothering you about this."

"No its fine. I love having ma-chan here. You go and work, I'll watch him.

"Arigato." I bowed to him with tears in my eyes. (Arigato=thank you)

"It's OK. Its fine. I'm here whenever you need me."

I walked to the locker room and put on my uniform. I took my name tag and put it on then walked in the restaurant, taking the people's orders.

While I was in the middle of taking an order Mike came over to me. "Your brothers awake and is crying for you. I'll cover, he needs you right now."

I nodded and went to the office. I could hear him sobbing. Yelling "Onii-chan". I opened the door. He was sitting on the floor, his chubby hands on his closed eyes, snot most likely running down, his bed hair showing.

I walked to him. I hugged him and whispered in his ear. "Masahiro, its OK. Onii-chan is right here." I rocked him back and forth. "I'm not going anywhere."

When he calmed down he asked me, can you play the piano and sing me a song like you do at home? Or the violin? Onegai Onii-chan." (Onegai=please)

"But I'm working right now and there is no instruments. And its not my job to play for entertainment." I explained. "I'll play as much as you want when we get home. OK?"