Chapter 3: The Cultural Festival

The weeks leading up to the kids' cultural festival went by quickly. The entire time Taishiro and I spent getting closer, he only left to go on patrol. It was nice having another body around me. eventually, the day of the festival showed up. As the sun crawled through my window I sat up running my hand through my long hair, stretching I carefully got out of bed then went to take a shower before Taishiro awoke but just as I was about to get under the water I felt his large arms wrap around me making me jump, feeling him pull me close he kissed the top of my head making me smile as I looked up seeing a tired grin on his lips.

" Morning doll..." he muttered, then gently kissing my lips. Giggling I felt a blush form on my cheeks. " After you my love." He whispered opening the steamed shower doors, getting into the shower he followed behind me, the water just barely coming up to his chest as it drenched me making me grow to his height, and then taller as I craned my neck against the ceiling, letting some of the water go I stood eye to eye with him, his golden eyes staring at me like I was his whole world, only darkening my blush.

" Do you want to come with me?" I asked in a shy whisper, I watched as his smile faltered momentarily at my question making my blush disappear.

" I would love to doll... but they need me to patrol the city. Most of the newly named pros will be there too and I quote ' watch for the league.' I don't believe it. But it's not up to me. I'm sorry Doll." He said then pecked my nose

" I understand. Don't scare me like that!" I quipped, making him chuckle as he pulled me into another kiss before offering to wash my hair for me again.

" I like it this length... but I also like your short hair," he whispered as he lathered my hair with my shampoo.

" Yeah, normally I do this when I'm in uniform... The short hair makes me blend in a little better... but I'm thinking of keeping the long hair today and braiding it before I go." I muttered relaxing into his touch, shrinking back to my natural size.

" Have fun today." He muttered as I rinsed my hair. I nodded before I decided to lather my hair in conditioner, changing the color from blue to brown and then frowning before changing it to a mix between blue and purple. " Two colors today?" he asked and I nodded.

" I wanted to mix it up. It's been a while since I've had fun with my hair." I told him matter-of-factly, and he chuckled at my remark. we didn't spend too much longer in the shower only because I began to feel dizzy and lightheaded. Worse than normal but I brushed it off as nerves to talk to Aizawa today. Taking a slow breath I finished then finally exited the bathroom. Dressing in a lime green summer dress, with roses littering the base of the skirt and the sleeves of my dress falling off my shoulders, I slipped on a pair of black slip-ons before joining Tai in the kitchen. Eating a quick breakfast I kissed Tai then left for UA. I know that I'd be getting there early but I was hoping to see all the kids again, before all of the festivities.

Arriving at the school I saw all the booths and class games being set up. The smell of food made my stomach growl but more nausea filled my throat, sitting down on one of the benches I sighed, taking more deep breaths trying not to think too much about it. As I sat and waited I saw that the festival came to life, not only with students and faculty but with families, making a small sad smile form on my face as I thought back to home. To my parents. To my high school years. Taking a shaky breath leaning back looking up at the clear sky, I let a small smile form on my lips. Running my fingers through my long hair I felt a person approaching me.

" Ms. Lily, I didn't expect to see you here..." A seductive female voice greeted me.

" Lady midnight, what a surprise," I said, and she smiled widely. " And, please call me Nixie. I'm off duty today. Here to support the kids." I told her looking at her in her hero costume.