Chapter 4: Vs. The Commission Round 2

The late weeks of November crept upon me, and the new hero rankings were announced about a week ago. To no-one's surprise Endeavor was appointed the number 1 spot, a default at this point since All Might retired. Hawks became the number 2 hero, making me roll my eyes. I know that America has the same system, and I'm glad that I'm not even in the top million for Chicago unlike my mom who has held place number 7895 for about the past 5 years. And from what she's told me she's now 7855. As the sun rose I nuzzled into Tai's firm chest, frowning I sat up and stretched feeling my joints ache and pop. Getting up I padded my way into the kitchen then began making a heavy breakfast for Tai and myself. Then my phone began vibrating on the counter, picking it up I frowned not recognizing the number. Answering the phone I put it to my ear as I cracked an egg into a bowl.

" Hello?" I asked, searching for seasonings.

" Ms. Waterman. I apologize for the early call. But, I need you come down to the commission office immediately, it involves young Kaori." All Might said, making me freeze and almost dropping my phone.

" What?" I asked, hushed as I felt panicked, dropping my spoon. I didn't even bother cleaning up before I ran out of the hotel changing into a yellow short sleeved crop top, a pair of white washed skinny jeans, and a pair of black and white low riding Converse. Running out of the hotel, I sprinted down the street towards the ominous building. Changing my hair into a short bob cut. I sighed then went right past the front desk and straight towards the elevator. Pushing the button I tapped my foot impatiently as I arrived at the floor, as soon as the doors opened I saw All Might pacing there nervously. " What happened? Where is she?" I asked panicked.

" Come on. Stay quiet." He said then opened the large doors inside there were two empty seats, sitting down I crossed my arms over my chest.

" All Might and Waterman." The pig-man from my first meeting said, making me sneer.

" Fat-man. Where is she?" I snapped, a different man cleared his throat.

" Shall I continue?" The now Number 1 hero asked, my jaw dropped as I looked over at All Might. My eyebrow raised.

" What is he doing here?" I mouthed pointing at Endeavor.

" Just listen." He mouthed back.

" The girl shows great potential. I think she would do best under my wing, as well as for this grand mission you -" Endeavor started.

" Excuse me?! What mission?" I snapped getting to my feet.

" That's classified Ms.Waterman." The pig-man answered me.

" What are they talking about?" I snapped looking at All Might. " You brought me here for a reason, so explain." I ordered, turning on my heels and facing the crippled man.

" Ms. Waterman, it wasn't up to me. But I brought you here as a courtesy to young Kaori. Please remain seated." All Might answered, making my blood boil. Steamrolling off my heated figure I sat back down glaring at the former hero of peace.

" Now, if I many talk I would like my future daughter-in- I mean Ms. Shigaraki-"

" Ms. Himura. That is her last name. Not that bastards." I quitted.

" Whatever. I would just like to say that she would be in better care in my hands, I've done so well with my children. Take a look at my son Shoto. Second place at the sports festival and on track for getting his hero license." Endeavor bragged making me scoff.

" Now while that is all well and good. Ms. Himura, has already received hers, as well as Mr. Bakugo, and unlike your perfect Shoto they can already go international. On the topic of your children, I've done my scope of research. Your eldest passed away at the age of 13 because of a massive fire that no-one can find out the reason too. Your eldest daughter is practically a second mother to her two younger brothers. Your other forgotten son, Natsuo, openly hates you, and is thriving in college. Just because your youngest is fitting your image doesn't mean you are this god of a father. You know... You remind me of someone I met in my short time of being under cover..." I told him, watching his eyes widen. " But now this isn't the time nor the place to talk about this. The mission, what is it? I was brought here by your former number 1. I deserve answers. And given that her legal guardian isn't here then I'm here as a substitute. Explain." I snapped.