2 - New Kids on the Block

This chapter will be from Melody & Erik's perspectives

Melody & Erik's perspectives.

I hope y'all are doing alright after chapter 1. I kept having to stop and cried several times while writing some of her memories that were recovered tbh. Broke my heart by doing that to my precious baby girl. She deserves the world!

I made this chapter a bit lighter for y'all. It's needed. There's a bit more that she won't talk about until maybe later on in this chapter. 🩷

I will admit some of Melody's newfound powers might show and will introduce a new character. Enjoy the chaos. 😏😉🩷

I woke up to Care tossing herself on my bed next to me. Her arms wrapped around me.

I opened one of my eyes.

She frowns at me, not moving or even getting up. She then gently pulls me closer into her embrace.

I'd cried myself to sleep last night thinking about everything Damon did to me.

She softly asks me "Lady Bug what happened? Who hurt you? I'll throw them off a cliff and toss all my ugliest shoes at them." I giggled.

I softly say "Damon did. It happened when he first moved here. H-he had uhm done some stuff to me."

She frowns at me and how I had worded what he'd done to me.

She also had noticing how quickly, I'd tried to avoid the subject of Damon.

She then asks "Lady Bug did he hurt you like he had with me?" Tears filled my eyes again as I had a few flashes of memories flicker through my mind.

I nodded again.

Her eyes widened and she pulls me back into her warm embrace.

She softly whispers "He hurt me too lady bug. He hurt me too. Don't worry I won't let him hurt you. Not anymore. If he tries I'll snap his neck and drop him in a vervain well where no one will ever find him." I smiled and softly chuckled before I shifted in her arms.

We just stayed like that together on my bed in silence.

She'd always been very overprotective over me even when we were kids.

Mom had once said she her it was Caroline's big sister instincts always wanting to keep me safe from everyone.

☀️

I was already dressed and ready to go back to school.

I had decided to wear a long skirt today. I needed and wanted to feel pretty even if it was for school.

I looked around my room that once felt like a safe haven and an escape for me.

It now felt very wrong, very dirty and so so tarnished after reliving all of those horrible memories.