Chapter 3

VANESSA'S POV

"Lei dei riflessi molto veloci, che cazzo, com'è possibile?" (She has very fast reflexes; what the fuck, how is this possible?) Matteo voiced out. I know what he said because my grandfather thought it was important for me to learn languages other than Arabic, including Italian.

"We have bigger issues, idiota. The gunshots sounded like they originated from 45% north-east of the cafe, preferably from a high building becasue the bullets are depreciating, which is around the 34th or 35th level of that building, give or take. It's a sniper that shoots repeatedly, which is most likely a distraction, which is why they're still shooting; however, they should be out of Amo shortly and may need to reload, allowing me to escape unscathed if the foot soldiers haven't come yet." I looked up and thought a possible solution to get out of this situation unscathed.

When the bullets stopped, I saw it as a sign, a window of opportunity to make my move before they reloaded. As I stood up, Matteo grabbed my arm and pointed out, "What are you doing? Do you want to die?"

To which I said, "The safest time to leave is now, considering they are out of bullets and reloading." As I stand up, I notice all the bullet holes in the walls, as well as all the helpless bodyguards on the floor with blood flowing from their bullet wounds. I honestly don't see how people who have been trained in this field struggle to complete the one purpose for which they were selected, which is why I refused to hire bodyguards when Seth insisted on it.

These bitches can't even protect themselves, let alone me; they're just useful as shields. I scoffed as I made my way to the door, but my intuition told me about the several men ready to enter. I could sense it and knew there was no way out, so I had to remain behind and fight.

I quickly turned around and spotted Matteo on the phone while the little girl was sobbing, so I picked her up and hurried into the locker room, followed by her brother, who was looking anxious as he is now more conscious of the situation we are in. I pulled out my Glock, and I know it's stupid to give a child a gun, but a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do. "This is for protection, honey; if anyone comes in, I want you to shoot. I swear you won't need it, but for your protection, I'm going to close this door. Don't open it for anyone; I'll knock three times to let you know it's me, and our password is cute patotie, okay?" I turned to face her brother, who just stared at me wide-eyed, and then the glock I had just given his sister, so I quickly shooed him out and locked the door, bracing myself for a fight. Oh, how I have missed this.

When I looked over at Matteo, he was just staring at me. "What? Do you want a hiding spot to?" I tried to lighten the mood with a joke. He doesn't need a hiding place because he's a mafia member, and I could tell; I just couldn't determine which one. I've been debating whether the attackers were after me or him.

"You just gave a gun to my little sister; who are you and what do you want?" he said as he approached me, seizing my neck and strangling me against the wall.

"This is not the time to argue with me, Matteo; desperate times demand desperate measures. I can assure you that not a single hair on her head will be touched." I said calmly, "Now let go of my neck before I break your arm." He held his hands there for a few seconds longer, as well as my stare, before letting go and stepping back, bringing his gun to my head.

"I have never seen you before. What are you? undercover cop, assassin, spy," he listed

I just looked at him with a blank face. "Hmm, you can say that, but I am neither, and your seriously asking me this question now. There are men that are about to enter and obliterate us, and thats seriously what is on your mind".

He then turned around, reloaded his guns, and threw a table down on the floor as well as other furniture in order to protect us from the bullets and the fight that was about to ensue. He then turned around and mimicked my voice. "Do you want a hiding spot?" I sent him a glare.