Zaria (5)

I laid in the bed tossing and turning trying to go back to sleep but I just couldn't, something was preventing me from going to sleep. I laid in bed for a couple more minutes just contemplating life, but that soon became a bore. I sat up and grabbed my phone from the nightstand beside me and I started scrolling through social media, in hopes that it would make me sleepy.

I began to grow tired of that so I went downstairs and I grabbed a bottle of water from the fridge because why not? I turned the lights on and sat down at the table, being here puts things in a new perspective for me. I feel as if I can think clearly but then again thinking so much clouds my mind. Everything seems to be going on at the wrong time, I just need a break from reality for one day. 

The funeral is in two days meaning I should've packed tonight because the flight is tomorrow afternoon, but of course I decided to procrastinate until the last minute. I unlocked my phone and texted Jimin to see if he was awake because I forgot to tell him about the flight.

I got up from the table deciding to be the responsible adult that I am and I made my way upstairs to start packing. I pulled out my mini speaker from the night stand and played some tunes to ease my mind. I made sure that the volume wasn't too loud because I didn't want to disturb anyone's sleep.

I went inside the closet and contemplated a lot on what I was going to wear to the funeral. Honestly, I don't want to go but I'm still going to look presentable anyway. I managed to pick out the only appropriate black dress that I had in my closet and I matched it with my red heels. I picked out two extra outfits just in case and I grabbed all of my hygiene products and tossed them in their correct bag.

Having the music playing really eased my mind and it made packing easier. I put my suitcase at the end of the bed and turned all of the lights off and got in the bed so I could get enough rest for tomorrow's festivities.

The smell of bacon woke me up in an instant, this could only mean one thing. Jimin was cooking, I went in the bathroom and did my skincare and hygiene and I went downstairs.

"Hey good morning, it smells good in here," I said, giving him a back hug.

"Good morning to you too, I can tell that you didn't get any sleep because of the bags under your eyes," he chuckled as he rubbed my face.

"Yeah, about that. I stayed up late last night because I was packing for our flight today," I mumbled as I sat down at the table.

"What flight? Did you schedule the flight and not tell me?" He questioned as he went to the fridge to grab a bottle of orange juice.

"Ummmm, I guess you could say that I did something like that, so could you pack quickly so we can leave for the flight?" I questioned as I rubbed my arm standing in place.

He huffed and puffed, I watched as he gently placed his mug down on the counter. He walked past me, heading straight for the stairs. I should have told him sooner but it's too late now I suppose.

I poured myself a cup of coffee, made a plate of food and I ate quickly. I made sure to embrace the quietness because the rest of the weekend is definitely going to be hell.

I finished eating my food and headed upstairs to my room and threw on a cute airport outfit. I grabbed my bags and placed them downstairs by the door and then I made sure to fix Jimin a plate of food. I washed the dishes and cleaned up the kitchen just to return a favor and because I'm a good roommate.

I had done everything that I could possibly think of to keep myself busy but I was running out of ideas. I went back to my room and made sure that everything was in place for when we came back.

I pulled my phone out of my pocket and saw that it was 10:00 so I knew that I needed to go check on Jimin and see if he was finished. I walked down the hallway and I knocked on his door three times and I didn't get a response so I took that as a sign to come in.