00 | prologue

"Ya' bloody girl!"

A little girls laugh filled the small house, along with the sounds of light rhythm thuds hitting the wooden floor.

"Come an' get me Finan!"

A dark haired girl ran around her house's dining hall table. The little gill was dressed in a dark purple dress that the hem fell just above her bare feet. An older boy chased the little girl around the house. His hair was clean, even shaved with a clean face. His wear was casual with an added chest plate and a sheath on his hip, but with a missing wooden sword. Both of the children shared deep chocolate hair and chestnut eyes.

They both had a wide smile on their faces as the little girl ran from her older brother, while carrying his wooden sword that was almost as tall as her. They went around the table, back and forth. One running from the other.

Their laughter filled the empty house. The young girl took her chance and ran from the kitchen into the small living room area but was unsuccessful as the boy's hand was able to catch the girl's arm. Pulling her to him, making her drop his wooden sword on to the ground with a heavy thud. His other arm snaked around her waist and lifted her bear feet from the wooden floor.

"AHHHH" her laughter mixed with a scream grew high pitched when her brother caught her. "Noooo. Finan put me down!"

"Who's the mighty warrior now!" His own high pitched laugh filled the empty home.

"Again"

Chestnut eyes rolled as she let out a huff in frustration as she sat up from the grassy patch she laid on. With a grunt for her sore muscles, she stood up. She pushed her dark chocolate hair that was braided back in a French braid back over her shoulder.

"Come on. As soon as ya' get this down we can stop." The older boy explained. Over the years his voice has grown deeper as his clean face has grown peach fuzz all over his upper lip and chin to his sideburns.

His own chestnut eyes looked over to the girl who was sweaty and covered in dirt.

"Ya' say that every time." Her Irish accent voice grumbled out as she tried to brush off some of the dirt from her trousers.

The older boy smiled at his sister's observation. He swung his sword in a circle in his hand as he got back into his fighting stance. She herself rolled her shoulders back to loose the muscles a little.

"Ya' have to be ready, mac tíre beag(little wolf)."

Chestnut eyes rolled again at the children's nickname, that she has come to love from her older brother. Swinging her own wooden sword in her hand she got in her fighting stance.

"Yeah, yeah. Let's get this over with, an diabhal(the devil)." She said with her own wicked smirk on her lips. There was a pause with a silence that filled the small clearing of woods around them.

With a swift movement she let out a quick battle cry as she swung her wooden sword in his direction, but Finan the agile was quick to block the attack with his own wooden sword.

Screams were heard throughout the small Irish village. The smell of smoke and blood filled her nose. The world around her was in chaos in the early morning hours, as Danes on horseback, and Danes on the ground killed the men of the small village. Chased after the women, humping them right then and there or killing them immediately. Children being captured and taken as they scream for their dead mothers.