Chapter 4

Pov ; rakim

Damn man i been thinking bout Lani a lot lately. Im sitting in the studio listening to Peso with my manager Binky and Lani keep poppin' up in my thoughts.

" Man this shit is dope ... right SAP ? "

...

" Huh ? oh , uhh yeah man "

" Whats been up with you nigga ? " He said. I guess realizing me being in a daze during most of my studio time.

" Naa , booaa . Just been thinking bout this new track " i lied .

" Aww iigght dude , but you know we finna be on this lil' tour and we going to harlem tomorrow night "

" Will i have any free time ? I NEED to see Lani "

" See man, i shouldve known what was up ! You dont need to be running back and forth for no girl Rak- "

I clutched my teeth. " Dont call my goverment Bink. You know i hate that ! "

" Okay Asap. Im just trynna let you know , but uhh im finna go. Lock up alright ?

I knodded my head and went bout my business. I hate when people try to make my descisons. Damn ! Just let me learn.

I stayed in the studio a little longer and wrote. Which was what i usually did when i felt like this.

*****

Pov ; Lani

" So what you been up to lalai ? "

Lalai was my little sister. She is my everything, and ill be damned if i let a bitch jump stupid. [ a/n lalani is 19 and Lalai is 17 ]

" Nothing forreal. I had a coupla gigs over on the bank , so i just been busy. "

" Lil sis you gotta slow down man ! " i yelled.

" Lani i know , i know but im just on my grind right now . "

I gave her that stank look " Gahh , Alright lil' girl . I see you ! "

It got a little quiet. I know something is up .. lalai is never quiet. We got to my condo and i turned off the car. " Okay so Lalai wassup ? And dont act like its nothing cause nigga i know you ! "

" Look ! Lani i know you aint danced since MiMi died and Lamar left ( Lamar was our older brother) but - "

I cut her off " NO "

" But Lani you need this! You and i both know you aint gone be right till' you back in that studio ! "

I sighed , " So the fuck you sayin ma .. "

" I gotta Gig .. and no im not gone tell you who it is , you'll find out , but i need you ! "

" And why you need me ? " i said getting out the car and going in the house and lai following ..

" Just trust me lani ! "

I gave her that end of conversation look then went to my room . This can be happening .

******

4 hours later . Lani pov ,

I woke up to get a snack or watever. Not hearing Meela come home i went and checked up on her. I opened the door and immediately closed it back. " eww Jermih . " I said to myself.

Jeremih was no good. We all knew it, even Meela but she was not one to let go so easily.

I checked on my sister then went back to lay down. I layed there reminiscing about these nights when i would wake up with rakim next to me. That boy never stayed in his own room. I miss that ....