[006] Divorces and underwear

Credulous

♥︎

The girls of the fight club and Mr. G were sitting in a circle on the hard gym floor. Previously, Josie and PJ had told everybody that this was going to be a different kind of club meeting.

"So," Josie started, "we know that the club has been a place where we can feel empowered physically, but we also thought it could be a safe space and a place where we can open up and talk about our feelings."

The gym was silent as everybody nodded their heads in agreement. PJ looked around before starting.

"Okay, so who's been raped?"

Nobody moved. "Just, you know, raise your hand." Nobody raised their hand.

'Is this supposed to go that way?' Y/n asked herself, unsure if this meeting would actually help them or just make things awkward in the club.

"Gray area stuff counts too."

Everybody, except for Mr. G, raised their hand in the air, making the teacher look around in concern. Sylvie was the first to start talking.

"Everybody knows the situation with my stepdad." 'No, we don't.' Y/n thought while her head turned to the beanie-wearing girl, a dazed look of bewilderment written over the h/c girl's face.

"He's just obsessed with Friday movie nights." Sylvie continued, seemingly oblivious to the confused looks the rest of the circle was exchanging. "I mean, God, I get it; you're my new stepdad, but... fuck, whatever. You know."

'No, I actually don't.'

But the fact that Sylvie opened up, even if it was weird and confusing, made Y/n feel securer and more understood, even tho she hadn't even shared anything yet.

The l/n girl turned her head, and her eyes somehow automatically searched for Hazel's. But when she spotted her, the short-haired brunette was already looking at her. She gave a small smile, which the girl staring at her returned.

"Every time I call the police about my stalker," the eyes of both girls shoot to Stella. "They tell me to fill out an online form. And then the form tells me to call, and so I call, then they say they can't get involved until he tries to kill me. And he keeps saying he's going to... but that doesn't count. So, it's just, like, annoying."

"Been there." PJ responded while nodding her head understandingly. The h/c girl felt confident, as if she were about to burst if she didn't say anything. She knew that even if they thought her story was weird or not relevant enough, they wouldn't make her feel bad about it. Well, except for PJ, maybe.

"Every morning since school started, Huntington players chase me on my way to the bus." The Callahan girl's head turned to Y/n as she started telling her story. Hazel couldn't explain it, but something inside of her made her happy because she already knew the story that the h/c girl was telling.

It made the short-haired brunette feel special, like she was worthy and close enough to the l/n girl that she would tell her something like that.

"It got me so scared of going to school," Y/n continued, "that since, I think, the third day of school, I have to wake up almost two hours earlier so I can first catch a bus that drives in another city where I can then take my normal bus to go to school."