The Marriage

It was a beautiful, charming day. The sun was shining brightly and everyone in India was happy because it was Holi, except for the princesses of Kalinga.

Two large ships were sailing in the river Ganga towards Bengal and in one of those ships were the two Princesses from Kalinga. They were sitting in their cabin inside the ship. The elder princess was Meghashree. She had deep, silent black eyes which were filled with the darkness of the night sky. She had full, pink lips which were as soft and elegant as lotus petals. She had long black hair. She was eighteen, in the peak of her maturity. Her body was filled with the attractiveness of youth. She was the elder daughter of King Lakshmikarna, the King of Kalinga. Princess Meghashree was a very quiet but clever girl. She never talked much and no one knew what was going on in her mind. Her younger sister, Satyavati was fifteen. She wasn't mature but was beautiful enough to melt the heart of any young man. Her skin looked as if it were made of gold. Her brown eyes were always restless as if she was searching something. Her long black hair reached till her knees and they looked the prettiest when they were braided by her maids with the flower decorations. She always liked staying simple. The love of her life were novels, specially romantic novels. She loved the way they ended with 'happily ever after'. When in real, inspite being a princess, nothing was happy in her life and now she was angry that her sister was going to marry a man who is a 54 year old man.

"How could you marry him, how could you marry a person who is so much older than you?" Princess Satyavati asked fiercely.

"I had known since my childhood that I would marry King Devapala when I grow older." Princess Meghasree replied.

Princess Satyavati said, "Please don't marry him didi, I can't imagine you sleeping with that 54 year old man who has a son of nearly your age."

"What can I do?" Princess Meghasree asked. She never wanted to marry him but she had no other choice. Her father had promised her to King Devapala.

"We can run away from here" Princess Satyavati said. Meghashree laughed at how immature her sister was.

"You won't understand and how can I ruin your life like this." Princess Meghasree stated.

"Don't worry about me, I am strong and I would never marry a man who has four wives" Princess Satyavati said angrily.

Princess Meghasree smiled at her sister. "Stop smiling" Princess Satyavati said even more angrily. 

"I can't do anything, and I promise I won't let him affect you in any way. After I marry him I'll convince him to not marry you." Meghashree said.

"I just don't get it. How can baba ruin our lives like this?" Satyavati said. 

"Don't blame him. It's not really his fault. He would have lost his kingdom if he hadn't promised our marriage to King Devapala." Meghashree said. 

~~

In Bengal, there were ceremonies for Holi in the castle of King Devapala. He was very excited for both Holi and the marriage. He had planned that after his marriage with Meghasree he would also marry Satyavati. He has already for wives and this one would be his fifth. He has a two sons and one daughter. His son, Vigraha Pala was twenty years old and he was the oldest among the King's children so he would be the one to become King after the death of his father. Prince Vigraha was both intelligent and handsome. He was capable of being the king but his father thought that he was not fit to be the king yet. He had dark brown eyes that were calm and showed intelligence. He was a warrior, maybe one of the best in Bengal. All the princesses from every state and country adored Vigraha for his charms and bravery. Apart from being so skilled as a warrior he loved painting . 

He was not at all excited to hear about his father's marriage. He had to call someone who was nearly of his age "mother". It made him feel ashamed of his father but he couldn't say anything to his father because his father was still the King was he wasn't willing to give away his throne right now and if he said something against his father then the King might never give him the throne.                  

Vigraha was sitting in his painting room with his friend Ananga.

"I have heard that your to be mother is very beautiful." Ananga teased Prince Vigraha.

"Stop teasing me and let me focus on my painting" Vigraha said.

MiMi