The Thunderstorm

Tomorrow was the day the ships would be reaching Bengal at last. Everyone was excited except the princesses. Arjunverma, the consultant of the King of Kalinga was their current guardian because the King was unable to come because of his fast growing sickness. It was cloudy and the people in the ship were saying that there might be chances of rain or thunderstorm. Arjunverma was also worried but Meghashree wanted the thunderstorm to happen. She wanted the ship to sink so that she dies and doesn't have to marry the old King. She wanted to be selfish or this one time in her life. She wanted to do what she had never done before. Meghashree had always been the sensible one between her and Satyavati. But now she wanted to break free from all the rules of being a princess

It was 1 in the afternoon when the storm started. It seemed as if the wind was fighting with itself just like Meghasree did. The ship was sinking. It was a thunder storm. By the time the sun. had set the ship had tilted to the right. People were screaming, many people fell down from the ship. Arjunverma was with the ship's captain who was trying his best to control the ship. People were jumping off the ship. Satyavati asked Meghashree if they should jump because both of them knew how to swim but swimming would be of no use here.  After a while everyone understood that it was impossible to stop the ship from sinking. Their only hop was that they were near Bengal so they might rescued fast because King Devapala won't want her to be wife to die so quick. Satyavati decided that she would jump off the ship. She wanted to live. She jumped and then she tried her best to swim as far as possible.

~~

It was midnight. There were only two people on a lonely island. One of them was Princess Meghasree, still senseless and the other was the young, handsome, gentleman who had saved Meghasree. It was Indraverma. He was playing with Princess Meghasree's hair which woke her up.

"Uh...uh, where am I?" Meghasree asked.

"I am so sorry for waking you up" Indraverma said. Princess Meghasree turned. It was someone she knew from childhood. Indra Verma was the son of Arjun Verma. He was of Meghasree's age. She smiled and said, "You always liked playing with my hair". They were childhood friends. Meghashree still remembers when they used to play together.

"So, you remember me." Indraverma said.

"Yes, I do. How could I forget you?" Meghasree replied. Indra smiled.

How could Princess Meghasree forget him? Indra Verma was her childhood crush. But now she was an adult and would be marrying King Devapala, who would be able to keep her a lot more happy than she was. This was what Princess Meghasree thought. But could King Devapala really keep her happy?

"I didn't know you were here." Meghasree said.

"Now you know." Indraverma replied and the continued, " Oh, look at the moon, is it Purnima today?"

"I don't know" she said, holding Indra's hand which made him shiver. Her hand was chilled & tears ran down her eyes.

"Are you okay, princess?" Indraverma asked. But Meghasree didn't answer, she was already asleep. Indraverma stared at Meghasree's face blankly. 

"Why did you save me?" She asked.

"Megha, I had to. You were drowning." Indraverma said. I moment he uttered the word 'Megha' she looked up at him. He was looking at her in the most loving way a a boy could look at a girl. Would King Devapala ever look this way at her? No. 

"I am sorry. I shouldn't call you that, Princess" Indraverma said.

"You can call me anything you want. You are my friend." Meghashree said.

"Now go to sleep. I'll be here" Indraverma said calm. There was an assuring tone in his voice that made Meghashree felt that Indraverma would protect her always. 

MiMi