Sangwoo's Visit

Y/N had just finished her classes for the day and walked into her apartment. She had barely enough time to hang her coat and keys up before she had to begin worrying about cleaning up for Sangwoo. They had been texting back and forth and had decided he would be coming over in a few hours. She didn't know why, but she found herself wanting to look her best for when he came over, more than she typically would for the average guest. Maybe it was just her wanting to make a good first impression to the people in her new country, but who could really tell?

     She got to work vacuuming and sweeping and dusting and spraying air freshener in every room. She didn't want it to see like she purposely cleaned up for him, she just wanted it to seem like she was overall the normal amount of cleanly. So she tried not to deep clean her entire house. Once she was content with how the house looked, she began working on herself. She took a shower, shaved, styled her hair and did her makeup. She then picked out an outfit for herself consisting of a red sweater to combat the chilly Fall air paired with a black miniskirt with black tights underneath. 

     Once she herself was ready, she had about an hour to spare. She brushed her teeth, began dinner and picked out a movie they could watch and some snacks she had on hand that they could eat to go with the movie. She picked out a really scary one, seeing as Halloween was coming up and all. 45 minutes to go.

     15 minutes later, she heard a knock on her door. She was just in the kitchen of the small apartment, so she was very close to the door. When she opened it, Sangwoo was smiling back at her, 30 minutes before he should have ever arrived. "Oh, Sangwoo, I'm sorry I wasn't expecting you for another half hour, so the food's not quite ready..." 

     He eyed her up and down cheerfully. "You look great, Y/N. An uh, yeah sorry I came early I just got really excited to see you, I don't get to hang out with people very often." She invited him in, and he took a seat at the couch. He smelled the air, taking in the scent of rosemary and chicken in the oven. "That smells heavenly, Y/N. You really didn't have to go all the trouble of cooking for me."

     She looked back at him from her place in the kitchen. "Oh, it's really no problem," she said, peeling a large potato over the trash can. "No trouble at all. I quite like cooking, anyway." He looked around the small but clean and homey apartment. "This is really cozy. Very clean, too." He remarked. "Thanks.. I like to keep it clean like this as often as I can." This was not the truth at all, and Sangwoo knew this as he had seen her through her window cleaning up for almost 2 hours before his arrival. But he didn't let her know that, and let her be comforted by the delusion that he didn't know how much of a slob she could be.

     "That's nice, I like clean homes, too. I guess I'm a bit of a clean freak, in fact, when it comes to my home. I try not to let even a speck of dirt in. And it's always smelling of bleach." He said the last part quieter, but Y/N still heard him. "Bleach? I can't imagine that's pleasant." She giggled, but he didn't giggle back this time. His face was blank, but she of course couldn't see that with her back to him as she worked in the kitchen. "Dinner's almost done, Sangwoo." she said. "After dinner I was thinking we could watch a movie and eat snacks." She rummaged through her cupboards to find plates. "That sounds lovely," Sangwoo replied in a cheery voice. But his face wasn't cheery at all. 

     She set two plates down on the coffee table in front of Sangwoo. He got up. "Let me help you. Where do you keep your silverware?" He asked. She pointed to a drawer on his left. "Right over there, sorry to keep you on your feet." He opened the drawer and grabbed a set of forks and knives for each of them, bringing them to rest next to their plates on the table. Y/N set two wine glasses by their plates and poured a bottle of red win into each. Sangwoo sat as she dished each plate up with chicken and potatoes. She took her spot next to him and smiled at him. 

     "It's not much, I'm not much of a cook no matter how much I enjoy doing it. But I hope it will be enough to show you how welcome you are in my home." She smiled and began to eat. He did the same. Pretty soon they were both done, and Sangwoo was helping her in the kitchen, rinsing off their dishes. They were sitting inches apart, with their hands brushing against each other in the sink as they scrubbed their plates. Each time their hands met, Y/N blushed and giggled. Sangwoo just smiled to himself. 

     They sat down again, ready to watch the movie Y/N had picked out. The only thing separating them was a bowl of popcorn that they ate out of together. Throughout the movie, Y/N would jump, until Sangwoo eventually moved the bowl altogether and held her in his arms to comfort her. She blushed, but didn't move. She was very scared of the movie and liked being this close to another human to get her min doff of it. 

     If only she knew that she ought to be this scared of me and not some silly movie, Sangwoo thought to himself. But on the outside he just smiled and held her closer.