Chapter 30: Unveiling Secrets

OLIVER

The room was charged with tension, every breath laden with the weight of our decisions. Eleanor and Zoe had managed to decrypt the video we discovered in Detroit, a testament to their formidable skills. Now, as I stared at the screen displaying the face of Victor Green, a scientist from 1975, the truth loomed before us like an unyielding storm.

"He knew," I muttered, my voice hollow with realization. "He knew what they were doing all those years ago."

Zoe's eyes were ablaze with determination. "We have to show the world. We can't let this darkness persist."

Velocia, her usual sarcasm replaced by a steely resolve, nodded in agreement. "We've been living in the shadows for far too long. It's time to expose the truth."

With a shared purpose, we prepared to broadcast the video to the world. My fingers trembled slightly as I pressed the upload button, releasing the damning evidence we had uncovered. The seconds that followed felt like an eternity, the anticipation suffocating.

The video began to play, and Victor Green's voice echoed through the room. "To those watching this, you need to understand the depths of their depravity. Project Nexus isn't just an experiment; it's a grotesque manipulation of our kind, a violation of our very essence."

Eleanor clenched her fists, her eyes filled with fury. "They've been using us as tools, as pawns in their sick game."

Zoe's fingers flew across the keyboard, ensuring the video reached every corner of the globe. "The world needs to see this. We can't let them ignore the truth any longer."

As Victor Green's voice detailed the horrors of Project Nexus, a collective gasp seemed to echo through the room. The reality of our existence, the manipulation and cruelty we had endured, was laid bare for the world to witness.

"They used us," Velocia whispered, her voice raw with emotion. "But now, we'll use the truth to bring them down."

The video ended, leaving us in a stunned silence. Outside, the sun dipped below the horizon, casting long shadows across the room, mirroring the darkness that had plagued our lives for so long.

"We've started something unstoppable," Eleanor said, her voice carrying a mix of awe and fear.

I nodded, my throat tight with emotion. "We've ignited a revolution, not just for Beings, but for humanity as a whole. They can't ignore this. We won't let them."

The room fell into a contemplative silence. The magnitude of our actions settled upon us, a burden and a beacon of hope all at once. As the night deepened, we knew that the world was changing, and we were at the heart of it.