Chapter 29

I keep taking little sips from my water as I sit on the couch while Jack plays on his phone.

"Are you hungry?" he asks keeping his eyes glued to his phone.

"Yeah, my stomachs growling" he smiles as he looks up from his phone.

"Let's go get something"

"Can we go by my room? I need to change" I say looking down at what I'm wearing.

"We're just going through drive through babe, shit sorry I mean. never mind"

"It's fine I know you didn't mean too" I say smiling at him. "Wait how can we go anywhere if Johnson has the car?"

"Oh, I went and rented another car I couldn't stand having to share one"

"Oh"

"Well let's go"

We walked out silently to the car keeping the distance between us kinda far, I feel so awkward right now, I don't want it to be, trust me. but I just am around him. I mean it's not like I'm going to be perfectly back to normal with him, but I'm making myself try to forget about everything horrible that has happened between us, I can't just push it to the back of my mind but I'm going to work through this, I know I can do this, I'm not giving up hope yet.

The whole ride to wherever we were going I was silent and staring out the window.

As we started slowing down I looked forward to see we were at McDonald's pulling into the drive thru, I started smiling and shaking my head.

"What?" Jack asked looking over at me.

"Nothing, nothing" I say trying to hide my laugh.

"Just say it Camryn"

"Fine, it's just that of course you would pick McDonald's" I say laughing and not holding back this time.

"I don't get why it's so funny" he says smiling and watching ahead to see if the car in front had pulled forward.

"I'm trying to say I should've known you'd be the one getting us this fattening food"

"Oh shut it Camryn I'm not making you eat it am I?"

"Nope"

"Alright so do you want anything?" He asked pulling forward.

"A medium fry and coke please" I say giving him a cheesy smile.

"That's it? I thought you were starving"

"That's all I want" I say shrugging. He nods his head and tells the person our order we pull forward and get our food and head back to the hotel.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Dibs on taking a shower first!" I hollered at jack as we walked into the hotel room.

"No way! You have your own room remember?"

"Yeah but see the thing is, I'm in your room and so I'm taking one here" I say sticking my tongue out and smiling.

"Or we can just take one together?" Jack says smirking and wiggling his eyebrows.

"Do you want to?" I say going along with it.

"Ar-are you serious?" He asks raising his eyebrows and staring at me.

"No! Oh my gosh jack you're so gullible I love it" and with that I turn away and walk into the bathroom turning the shower on.

•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*•*

Hey guys! I haven't updated in like forever and I felt really bad so this chapters longer then the last... I think. Anyways hope you love and please please vote! Ily guys 💙