23

Scorpius sighed as he checked his phone once again. Albus rolled his eyes, already knowing what was bothering the young man. Meanwhile Cassi had suddenly snatched her bother's phone from his hands. She quickly unlocked it and shook her head as she read through all the ignored messages he had sent to Rose. Scorpius went to reach for his phone but Cassi quickly got up and moved from his reach.

"Dude you sound so pathetic. Im sorry. Please let me explain. I swear I didn't know. She obviously doesn't care, Scorp." Cassi told him as she tossed his phone onto his bed.

"I'd rather sound pathetic than to act like an entitled bitch all of the time, Cas." Scorpius told her. Cassi rolled her eyes at him as she sat back down between Stella and Amelia.

"Rose use to hate you because of the rumors about your family. Hearing that your dad and one of your uncles rejoined the death eaters obviously will not sit right with her. Literally ever. It's her loss." Albus explained with a shrug. Scorpius sighed and nodded.

"What are you still doing here? Aren't you upset that you defended us for years just to find out the rumors were true? How can you even trust us now?" Amelia asked Albus curiously. Albus shrugged.

"Scorpius is my best friend and Cas is quite literally the love of my life. I'll stand with them, and you guys, always." Albus told her with a shrug. Leo sighed as he locked his phone and sat it down.

"Not mention that we don't know what exactly is going on. I stand with my father and Theo." Cassi stated confidently. Scorpius and Amelia shook their heads at her.

"You're an idiot if you still feel the need to defend them. They used the people that gave them a second chance. We were just a facade to them. Dad said it himself, Cas. Aside from that, did you not call him the worst dad and told him that you hated him this morning?" Scorpius reminded her. Stella sighed as she ran a hand through her hair.

"He has a point, Cas. It's not like they went in there unarmed. My dad went to get you three home safely. They chose to stay and say all the horrible things that they did." Stella told her, siding with Scorpius.

"My dad stands by them on everything. He didn't this time. That has to mean something." Leo quickly added.

"In short, they're dead to us and they should be to you as well." Amelia told her. Lyra rolled her eyes as the words left the young girl's mouth.

"Stop talking about them like they're monsters! Uncle Theo is literally the funniest person in the world and he always knows when something is wrong, he's always there for us. As for my father, I couldn't ask for a better one. Everything he does is for us and Mum. Death eaters or not, I stand with them." Lyra ranted. Cassi smiled proudly at the younger girl.

"Lyra, Mum and Dad are literally on the edge of divorce. Found the papers with Mum's signature in their office and it really wouldn't surprise me if this is why." Scorpius informed her. The room fell silent as the tension between the three siblings grew.

"I think your girlfriend may be telling everyone. My cousin just messaged me about all of this." Xander announced without looking up from his phone. Cassi shook her head as she got up.

"Tell her to keep her fucking mouth shut or I'll give her a perfectly valid reason to talk about our family." Cassi told Scorpius before she left his bedroom. She opened the text she had received just a few moments ago and quickly replied back with a simple "Im on my way."

————————————

Cassi smiled as she sat on the bench in the park where she had spent most of her childhood- both the park and the bench. Her phone began vibrating, pulling her back to reality. She sighed as she declined the third call from her mother. As if on cue, a familiar popping noise came from behind her.

"Mum has been calling me for the last ten minutes. This better be important." Cassi told the man as he took a seat next to her.

"Tell her the truth. She'll understand." Draco told her with a small smile. Cassi simply nodded as she tried to avoid his gaze.

"So Mum is going to be perfectly fine with me sneaking out to meet with a death eater? I honestly doubt that." Cassi muttered as she looked in the opposite direction of the man.

"Don't call me that. Im not a death eater. There are things I can't risk getting out to the public but you should know better than that, Cassiopeia." Draco told her. Cassi let out a laugh as she shook her head.

"Should I? What about everything you said earlier? How your whole life is just a facade and that we basically mean nothing to you? Or how you and uncle Theo have been planning a come back for years right under Potter's nose? Or how you and mum have been having problems and how you refused to help her after her accident, was it your little come back scheme that was driving a wedge between you guys? What am I suppose to believe?" Cassi asked him as she finally met his gaze.

"I had to say those things, Cas. None of it is true. The only thing remotely true is Theo and I having a plan. It's just not what they think. As for your mother and I, part of it, yes. I've been getting threats for weeks now and your mother thought I wasn't taking it seriously. What truly made her leave that night had nothing to do with any of this and I honestly owe whoever saved her my life for doing what I should have done." Draco told her. Cassi nodded at him.

"So you're just a pathological liar? You know, the thing you apparently hate more than anything." Cassi said as she looked down at her feet.

"Why did you agree to meet me here if you don't trust me?" Draco asked her curiously. Cassi shrugged as she suddenly became interested in her hands.

"I wanted answers because as bad as it sounds, I stand with you, Dad. I always will. Evil or not, I'll always be in your corner." Cassi told him. Draco nodded as he pulled the young girl into a hug.

"Everything I'm doing is to protect you guys and your mother. You have to believe me." Draco simply told her. Cassi sighed as she nodded.

"I do believe you. I just have one more question." Cassi told him, earning a nod from the man. "Scorpius said he found some papers in your office. Are you and Mum getting a divorce?" Cassi asked him. A deafening silence suddenly fell between the two.

"If we are, that would be news to me." Draco simply replied, trying his hardest to hide the hurt in his voice.

"I'll find out if he's telling the truth or not, Daddy. I wouldn't be surprised if he's lying. We were arguing when he said it." Cassi explained. Draco smiled and nodded.

"Do me a favor and keep it to yourself. That's the last thing I need to know right now." Draco told her. "I have to get back. I just really hated how we left things this morning." Draco added as his smile slowly faded.

"I did too. It was fun hanging out with you on my old time out bench. Just like old times." Cassi replied with a laugh. "Tell Uncle Theo that Lyra and I still stand with you guys." Draco simply nodded before placing a quick kiss on the top of her head.

"I'll get the message to him. Stay out of trouble while I'm gone. I love you so much, Cassiopeia.
If this plan of ours falls through, please past that last part along to your brother and sister." Draco told her. Cassi simply shook her head.

"You can tell them once you come back home. I love you too." Cassi replied back before standing up. "I refuse to be the one getting left behind. I'll see you soon." Cassi told him as she turned and began to walk away. A few moments passed and she finally heard the familiar popping sound, letting her know that her father was gone and she had no idea when she would be seeing him again.

a/n: sorry for the long wait! i've been working on an essay for school and I've been busy with work as well. i hope you guys enjoyed! love you all❤️