Chapter Eight: Wings Of Redemption

As Valia and I walked along, my eyes occasionally wandered to the windows that lined the hallway. The school's exterior was a captivating mixture of ivy-covered walls and Gothic architecture, casting a unique charm over the surroundings. But amid the enchanting atmosphere, something caught my attention.

Out of the corner of my eye, I spotted a dark figure momentarily peering through one of the windows. My heart skipped a beat as I squinted, trying to make sense of what I had seen. I instinctively inched closer to the window, my curiosity getting the better of me. Yet, just as quickly as it had appeared, the figure vanished, leaving nothing behind but an unsettling feeling.

Valia turned her attention to the window, her brows furrowing as she looked back at me. "Austin, are you okay? You look like you've just seen a ghost."

I shook my head slightly, attempting to shake off the unease that had settled in the pit of my stomach. "I'm not sure... I thought I saw something outside, but it's gone now." I muttered in a low voice.

Valia's gaze flickered back to the window before returning to me, her eyes narrowing as she spoke. "Weird things happen around here sometimes. The school has its own mysteries. Maybe you're starting to sense them."

I nodded, trying to convince myself that it was just a trick of the light or my imagination playing tricks on me. But deep down, a gnawing feeling persisted, as if someone's eyes were still fixed on me. "Yeah, you're probably right," I replied, hoping that was the case.

While we continued our tour, Valia chatted about various school activities and clubs, her words providing a soothing backdrop to my racing thoughts. However, with every step, my mind kept drifting back to the shadowy figure at the window. It wasn't just the strange occurrence itself; it was the nagging idea that it could be my father. I feel that he might have found a way to track me down, even in this new place.

The thought churned my stomach, a mix of fear and anger mingling within me. I was done being a pawn in his twisted games. I wanted to break free and reclaim my life from the darkness that had haunted my family for generations. Valia's voice pulled me back to the present, and I realized she was looking at me with furrowed brows.

"Sorry, what did you say?" I asked, and my thoughts momentarily derailed.

"I was just wondering since you're an angel, if you would be interested in attending the beginning class for angels," Valia suggested with a friendly smile.

I hesitated for a moment before responding, "But I'm not a student here."

Valia waved off my concern with a casual shrug. "Oh, that's not a problem. And besides, my dad's the principal. I'm sure he won't mind. Plus, it could be a great opportunity for you to understand your powers better."

As she spoke, a realization dawned on me. She was right; this could not only help me better understand my angelic abilities but also help me stay on the path of good and resist the darkness. The very thought brought a surge of determination in me. Maybe, just maybe, I could overcome this curse.

A small grin formed on my lips, and I met Valia's gaze. "Yeah, I think I'd like that. It's about time I start figuring out who I am and what I can do."

Valia's smile widened, and she patted me on the back playfully. "That's the spirit! Trust me, Angelology is going to be a blast."

Valia guided me into the classroom, where a dozen or so students were already seated. The room was bathed in a soft, golden light, and there was an air of serenity that hung in the air. I chose a seat at the back, feeling like an outsider among these students who had probably been attending this school for years.