Trail {4}

Esme's pov:

As I slowly woke up from my deep sleep, I noticed I was the only one awake at this time. I looked around and I saw that William was twitching in his sleep. is he ok? I hope he is... I thought. maybe he's having a bad dream. should I wake him up? as I silently walked over to William, I gently shook him by his shoulder. he then shot up out of bed trying to catch his breath. "Hey, hey, look at me, its ok." I said as he caught his breath and tightly hugged me, beginning to cry. "Are you ok?" I asked. "Yeah, just a bad dream." he sounds sad, angry even. he began to let go of me. "Thank you for waking me up" he said. "No need to thank me, it only matters that you're ok, got it?" I said. he nodded. he then layed back down and fixed his blanket. "What time is it?" he said. I went outside to look at what place the sun is at, because we have no clocks. I go back inside. "it's 8:00 in the morning." I say. "Oh ok. thanks for telling me." he says.

As everyone else woke up from their sleep we all went out to find some food. "Hey, William. do you know where some food is" Maikel says. "Of course I do. If I've been here for a while, then I know where some food is. just follow me!" William says. "Ok, let's go." and off we went.

Soon we arrived at a thick woodland forest with a long trail in-between all of the lush, green trees. as soon as we saw the trail we all jog towards it, with William in the front, of course. Williams fluffy tail swaying while we all jog towards the spot he was talking about. "here we are!"  he yells as we stop at a large clearing with tons of large blackberry bushes surrounding multiple trees and climbing over other bushes. "Wow, that's a lot of blackberries." y/n said. "yeah, almost as if they were grown here." sabella says. "Yeah, it's a little strange how there's all these blackberries." Maikel says. "I found all these one day when I was walking." he says, making a gesture to all of the bushes around them. "I brought a basket so we can put all of the berries in there. now! lets pick them!" he says with a very large amount of enthusiasm. William gives us each a basket. we all go to a bush and start picking the berries.

30 minutes later we pick most of the berries, but enough for then to grow more. "The faster we put them back in the barn, the faster we can get other foods." William says to all of us. we all then pick up the pace to a trot, then a jog, then a sprint. my ears twitches multiple times while we run to the barn. when we got to the barn we stepped inside and put them on a shelf in the corner of the barn. "so, where we going next, wil?" I said. "For this I'm going out alone if you don't mind." he said "Oh, ok, just be careful please." we said. "I will." he said as he went out of the barn and closed the door behind him.

After he got back, he had some meat with him, too. a very large amount of meat, most likely deer meat. "Hey guys." he said, a little tired sounding. "where'd you get that from?" Maikel says. "Oh, um, I got it for free?" he said. "We have to make a fire for it thought." he said before anyone could say anything else. we went outside and gathered wood and two pieces of flint. William put the sticks in a tent-like position and then used the two rocks to spark the fire causing it to catch on fire. "Ok, all done with the fire. now I just have to cook it." he said.

After the meat was all cooked we began to eat It. It was probably the most delicious food I've ever had, sure it was a little bland, but besides that it was so good. after we were done eating we put out the fire, stored any leftovers and went to bed.

740 words. thank you for reading this! and remember to eat, sleep and drink! ilysm to whoever sees this book :D