Chapter 35| "gold"

•Emery's POV•

•Emery's POV•

It's been three weeks, three weeks since I came back from London and three weeks since I've seen Grey.

Classes started back up around that time two, making trying to get out even harder with all the kids around and things going on.

The calls with my Father have become weekly, the more I ignore them the more persistent he becomes and the more angry.

One time a little over two weeks ago, I had been dodging his calls all day he decided to call the school and have Ms. Lana hand me the phone so there would be no way to get out of it.

It's exhausting, to say the least.

Turning over I watch the clock beside my bed and the minutes tick by.

"EMERY," Char yells from the front door startling me.

"In here," I replied sitting up.

The door bursts open and Char makes a dramatic entrance.

"Hi," I smile at her lightly.

"Em, I love you you know that but you need to get your cute little butt out of bed," She says seriously.

"Ugh," I sigh flopping back onto my pillow.

"Get up, get ready and will go to class and get coffee after," She says-more like states.

"I can't," I say.

"I can guarantee you he won't be there," She says knowing what I mean.

"How can you be sure?" I ask and she reaches into her back pocket and pulls out her phone.

"That's from yesterday night," She says tossing her phone onto my bed for me to grab. There on her phone, slapped front page of a new website is a picture of a very drunk Grey walking down the street to his car with Atlas.

The article is titled, Wealthy CEO's son cracking under pressure, Drugs? They will twist any event or picture into that kind of stuff, I mean obviously, it works they're making money I would assume.

"That's awful," I say handing the phone back to her.

"Right," She nods.

"I still don't want to," I state.

She groans throwing her head back, her watch beeps and she looks down at it. "I have to get to class but I will see you in class later," She explains, "And I won't take no for an answer," She adds.

"Fine," I sigh dragging it out and standing up from my bed.

"Great," She smiles widely, "Love you bye," She scrambles rushing to not be late.

"Bye," I call out behind her.

Hearing the door close I jump in the shower taking my sweet time washing my hair. getting out I blow-dry my hair and then straighten it.