11. The De La Cruz Family

When Anna noticed the door open, she straightened her posture as a small, petite and beautiful lady walked out and held onto the hands of an incredibly tall man beside her. 

The lady wore a flowy beige summer dress with her arms bare for the daylight sun to touch her tanned skin. Her jet-black hair was shiny and tied back in a neat braid, which fell onto her right shoulder while she wore light make-up with glossy brown and pinkish lips. She had high cheekbones and dark brown eyes.

Anna noted that the lady was pleasant to look at as she had a warm and welcoming expression written on her face. 

"Oh, Dolores! It's been far too long!" The woman cried as she let go of the man's hand and ran up to her grandaunt with a wide grin and open arms. 

"Oh, Lia, it's only been a year, but seeing you again is so good!" Dolores welcomed the lady in a firm embrace. 

Anna watched the whole exchange with a polite smile at the side of her grandaunt. 

Ophelia pulled back but kept her arms wrapped around Dolores. She then turned to Anna's direction, catching her off guard, but she quickly composed herself and politely greeted the lady. 

"Hello, my name is Roxana Reyes," 

"Oh my! Dolores, is this the grandniece that you were talking about!? She looks absolutely beautiful!"

Anna had been taller than most girls her age, and with the lady not wearing heels, Anna had been taller than her. 

When the lady hugged Anna, she was surprised and did not know what to do, but from the corner of her eye, her grandaunt just nodded. 

When she pulled back, she realised how stunning the lady was with how she smiled at Anna; she felt butterflies in her stomach. 

"My name is Ophelia, you can just call me sister," Ophelia glanced back at Dolores and then back at Anna, "Your grandaunt has told me all about you," She then lightly stroked Anna's hair, "I am so glad that you are now here with your grandaunt, safely." 

"I am also happy to have met you; my grandaunt has also told me of your deep friendship," 

Ophelia felt a surge of awe as she pulled her head back and laughed, "Goodness! I love her accent!"

"Living in Britain for almost a decade will do that to you," Dolores muttered behind her. 

"Alight, Dolores, I'm sure you already know my husband, Ernesto," She turned to her husband. 

"How could I not? It has been a while, Ernesto," 

"It has, Dolores." 

They both hugged and greeted each other. 

The man then turned his gaze to Anna, and as he walked over to her with a smile, she could not believe how tall the man was. 

He lightly patted her head and bent his upper body to meet her eyes. "Roxana, it's lovely to meet you. If you'll call my wife aunt, you might as well call me uncle. Is that alright?" 

"Of course! It's lovely to meet you, Uncle Ernesto," Anna replied as she pulled away. 

He walked back next to his wife, held her, and wrapped her in his arms—a tall, handsome man living in this massive mansion with a lovely wife. 

Anna could see nothing but warmth shared between them. 

They are a perfect couple. 

And then Anna's words to her grandaunt a week ago flashed before her and suddenly felt dull.