Chapter 5

Serena's POV

Dinner ended peacefully after finalising the date of an event party we must contribute to. The light of the sun has now disappeared from sight and the night seems much colder.

"Did Malantha say something bothering before we left?" Father asked, sitting behind his open laptop on the jet while I sat across from the table.

"It's nothing important, Father," I say then continue reading my book.

——

Checking the time on my phone, it is now 11:38 p.m when we arrived back to New York.

When the elevator reaches our floor Vincent stands and waits in front of his door watching as I enter my door before he enters his own. Conveniently, the penthouse I bought had two penthouse within the same floor.

I let the lights of the city lead my sight to my far bedroom, unbothered and unmotivated to switch on the lights. The Vespertine's manor had always drained me at the end, and yet I used to call that hellhole home. I was quick to take a hot shower then changed into a long night gown. Pulling the cold covers over myself, I rest my head on the pillow facing ahead.

Closing my heavy eyes ready to wash away the day I had, a sudden notification chimes from my phone, and another follows shortly afterwards.
"Fuck!" I frustratedly sat up and read the mail.

A late request for your service, Empress.
For that, I offer 5 million for the life of Rebecca Whitlock to be gone by this weekend.
It doesn't bother me whether her death is clean or not.
She is currently staying at ****** Hotel.
I have also sent an attachment of her image.

Sincerely, N. H

Interested enough, I then tapped onto her image. She was probably in her mid 30s, I assume. Short clean hair, perfectly styled. A noticeably beauty mark above her left lip. And eyes of a cunning fox. A beautiful woman that will soon meet the cold soil.

I reply with acceptance and there the phone back onto the nightstand.

——

Half the day have passed, I sit behind the office desk as Vincent sat comfortably on the leather sofa in front. I had informed him of the request I had received last night and that we are to work on a plan to succeed.

We now sat and discuss a plan to achieve the assassination cleanly. Vincent had gathered the systems of the hotel's CCTV insights where she is currently staying at while I wait for any signs of her appearance on camera.

There at 6:47 p.m on screen 12, Rebecca had finally revealed herself existing her hotel room that was under a fake identity, she makes her way toward the receptionist table with only a small suitcase.
On screen 4, we see her returning her hotel card but also receiving a new one.
She's a smart one for switching rooms to hide her true room for too long.

"I'm off now. Report anything suspicious immediately." I say, placing my earpiece in as I walk towards one of the guest room next to the office where most of my equipments are stored.

I stride to the suitcase laid on the bed. Opening it, I reach for a hand gun, the silencer and the strap holder.
I had already dressed myself in a tight long sleeve dress where it reached mid thigh.
I check the magazine's storage before spiralling the silencer onto the gun's muzzle and strapped it into my right inner thigh where the outline will not show.
Throwing on my coat, I grabbed my keys and purse.