Chapter Ten: Changes

˚₊⁎ˍ̮ ⁎⁺˳

Glittering city lights and the hustle of a busy city were all below the dark horizon, unknown of their silent spectator, watching the show from his seat i.e., the edge of Bangtan Lifeline Hospital's rooftop.

Inhaling the cancer stick, Gwi Nam let the nicotine take over his brain, take over his thoughts. He wanted to feel numb and that's what the cigarette, clasped between his two fingers had promised.

Overlooking the bustling city beneath his dangling feet Gwi Nam took in a shaky breath. His senses were dull to all stimuli around him until they weren't. The little whiffs of clove infused with tangerine invaded his senses and consciousness. That fragrance was so comforting yet so distant. Abandoning the cancer stick in hand his nose hooked onto to the new scent, taking its addiction from a new and more potent source.

After a few moments of enjoying the euphoria, Gwi Nam voiced, "Jimin, you can stop hiding now."

He suppressed a hearty chuckle when he heard a tiny squeak and picked up the nervous notes in the addicting scent. When it looked like the scaredy cat wouldn't be coming out of its hiding anytime soon, Gwi Nam muttered with a chuckle, "You know I can smell you, right?"

When the nervous and anxious notes heightened in the air, Gwi Nam's features twisted to a scowl. "Don't worry I won't do anything. You can stop hiding now," He stated in all seriousness.

Jimin, who was hiding behind a pillar, crouching down on the dirty cemented floor with his back pressed against the pillar, mumbled a tiny curse under his breath on getting caught, "Shit!"

When his dear best friend was so rudely snatched from him, he had sauntered to a bench with his eyes set on the door he had walked out of not long ago. It was more out of necessity than duty. He didn't want to witness his best friend being all lovey-dovey with his apparent boyfriend. He never understood why Jungkook hadn't swept his Taehyungie off his feet yet. He means what's holding the dumb alpha back? His best friend is pretty much head over heels for him. It's visible in his twinkling eyes staring at his alpha so tenderly.

Shaking his head at the pair Jimin turned his gaze to the door. Not long before the door opened with a quiet squeak and Gwi Nam trudged out of it. Jimin with curiosity watched the man disappear into the long hallway. Panicked, Jimin turned to the pair but finding them... well, occupied, he decided to follow the team's new target alone.

Trying to be as discreet as possible, Jimin followed Gwi Nam to the rooftop of the hospital. The door was locked by a big steel lock, but that didn't stop Gwi Nam. The fellow was quick to break the lock using sheer muscle strength before barging into the out-of-bounds rooftop.

Muttering up courage and gathering his strength, Jimin stood up on his feet. Dusting the dirt from his pants, he stepped out of his hiding place. Keeping his silence he walked to the alpha sitting at the edge of the building. Maintaining a good meter of distance between them he stood behind him.

"Why are you here, Jimin?" the alpha asked, keeping his gaze fixed on the tiny moving vehicles.

"I'm keeping an eye on you and making sure you don't run away from your crimes... once again," Jimin answered straightforwardly.

"You are wasting your time then. I was not involved in my father's gang. I'm innocent," Gwi Nam replied with nonchalance.

"Innocent, you say?" Jimin muttered, lifting his brow a little before opening his phone and going through Gwi Nam's charged sheet, pulled by Jung Hoseok, the tech genius.