Jai.

I'm 21.

Finally. I guess it's time to fucking live, right? Yeah. I'm excited for this birthday bash my best friend is throwing for me.

I know it sounds kiddy but it's actually really sweet. Nalah came to me months ago asking what I wanted to do for my birthday.

My first response was "Idk.." because I really did not know. I don't party much but this I was excited for. She seemed to have gotten a massive amount of people to come so it should be lit.

And as for Nalah, she's my heart. I'll kill for this woman. She's amazing. The only person I am comfortable enough around to share my deepest thoughts with.

Our connection is tight. We've been inseparable for almost 7 years. We met when I was 14. Nalah was 15 already and that's where this awesome friendship blossomed.

"So, you excited for tonight?" Nalah asked taking a hit at the blunt I perfectly pearled earlier.

We were taking our daily nature walk. I looked around and smiled.

"I guess you could say that." Nalah smiled and nodded.

I love being outside. The wind blowing, birds flying and just taking in all of nature's beauty.

"Guess who's coming?" she asked. Nalah handed me back the blunt and I took a puff. I inhaled for a minute or so before blowing it back out.

"Who?"

"Your sister."

My whole body reactdd wildly. I jumped in Nalah's arms and hugged her tight. This has got to be a joke. I haven't seen my sister in years.

"You're kidding or is this real?" We were smiling ear to ear at each other.

"I've been talking to her all morning. I wasn't supposed to tell you but I couldn't hold out."

I laughed and hugged her again. We kissed and parted.

Wow, man. This is the best day of my life. I haven't seen my sister since I was like 11. She moved away to get away from our mother and her wicked ways. My mom passed away 3 years ago. Sad huh? I dont know. I try not to think about it much. Nalah met Passion, my sister, over video chat so they've gotten close. But now I get to see my big sis in the flesh and I'm geeked!

"So, let's go get ready for this party." Nalah grabbed my hand and we started our walk back home.