Prologue

"Lana! How did you get out this far?" He shouted. "It's dangerous this far out, you should know better."

Lana turned quickly, a shy smile on her face. "I'm sorry, I was just looking for some rocks for Leon!" She explained, holding a few in her paws.

"I understand wanting to do something for your brother, but you shouldn't just leave like that." He said.

Lana put her head down, "I understand. It won't happen again, Mr. Hayseed Mayflower!" She smiled, her yellow eyes shining like a sun.

Hayseed chuckled, "That's what I expect."

Hayseed motioned for Lana to follow as they both headed back to the family home, an empty shed by a large house. Lana ran inside and called out to her brother, Leon.

Leon never liked the Mayflower name, for some reason choosing to go by Leon Sainoa.

"I've got more rocks to add to our collection!"

Leon stumbled down from the added shelves, quietly muttering "Hi, Lana... Hi, Dad." As he gathered the rocks and returned.

Hayseed sat by the entrance, wondering about his family.

Lana ran up to the shelves, joining Leon in putting rocks on them. "Don't you like them, Leo?"

"I think they're pretty..." Leon mumbled.

"Leon's always been quiet, so I guess today he just feels extra shy." Lana thought to herself.

Leon knew what this was, he couldn't enjoy this moment, because... she was...