Chapter 1: The Tragedy of Loki of Asgard

——————————🐍——————————

Sunlight peered through an open doorway of a balcony, and shined inside the grand bedroom, basking two figures in its soft morning glow as they laid together in a large bed. One of the figures had slick black hair, blue eyes and sharp features, while the other was (h/c) with (e/c) eyes.

Loki woke up first, blinking and rubbing away the sleep from his eyes. As he lay on his back, he glanced over at the woman laying next to him. He smiled softly seeing her sleep so peacefully.

She slept on her side, her chest rising up and down slowly under the covers, her hair splayed out against the pillow. He felt like he could just stare at her forever.

Alas, that wasn't possible. He had a busy day today. Or at least, 'Odin' did. He wished he could stay in bed all day, but 'Odin' had to keep up with his usual schedule or else people might start to get suspicious.

Loki rolled to his side and threw an arm around (Y/n)'s waist and pulled her closer to him. As he did so, he felt her shift in his arms and turn to rest her head on his chest and drape her arm over his body.

Loki chuckled lightly as she opened her eyes and blinked up at him. "Mmm. Morning." She mumbled.

He pressed a kiss to her forehead. "Good morning my darling. I trust you slept well?"

She nodded against his chest. "Very well, my King. What's on your agenda for today?"

"Oh the usual. Pretend to be my father so people don't notice he's been shipped off to Midgard." Loki replied casually.

"Are you sure he's safe there?" (Y/n) asked. "I know Midgard can be kind of rough depending on where you are."

"Of course darling. I've checked up on him recently. He's fine." Loki reassured.

"Okay..."

"You know, there's supposed to be a play happening today." Loki said, changing the subject.

(Y/n) furrowed her brows. "A play? About what?"

"Me. And my incredibly selfless sacrifice to stop the Dark Elves from taking over the universe." He bragged.

(Y/n) lifted her head off his chest to stare at him. "Really?" She said in a monotone voice. "You're going to see a play about yourself? Wasn't the giant statue enough?"

"Oh come on, it'll be fun. It's called 'The Tragedy of Loki of Asgard' and you'll be in it."

"Do I really have to go?"

Loki nodded. "Yes. Your King commands it."

She raised a brow.

"...please?" He added.

(Y/n) sighed. "Oh, alright. You're lucky you're cute."

Loki laughed and leaned up to kiss her lips. "Thank you my love."

She shrugged. "Well, it's not like anything else exciting is happening today anyway."

Oh how wrong she was...

...

A familiar figure had just come back to Asgard. Thor emerged from the Bifrost, sliding into the chamber, his hammer in his hand, and some kind of skull with horns strapped to his back.