Chapter 5

Chantell Simmons

We got him to the truck and put him in the backseat. I put my earphones in because I didn't want to hear Spirit right now.

I looked up and saw we were by a swamp looking area. The smell made me wanna gag. I saw the murky and leach infested water and knew what was about to happen.

I felt Spirit hit my arm causing me to do the same to her. I took my earphones out and looked at her.

"What?!" I asked with attitude in my voice.

"Help me with him." She said getting out the truck.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and got out the truck. The smell was so foul that I just wanted to get this over with and leave. She walked over and opened the back door.

We got him out the backseat and dragged him to the water. "I thought y'all was gonna let me go?" He asked while shaking in my arms.

"Nah. We gon let you go...to hell." Spirit said while pulling a gun from behind her back.

I felt my hands get shaky so I dropped him and he fell into the mud. Spirit looked at me with frustration in her eyes.

"What the fuck are you doin'?!" She asked yelling at me.

I was speechless then she walked over to me. She grabbed me and faced me towards her.

"What's wrong with you?" She asked.

"Why are we doin' this? He gave us what we wanted so why don't we just let him go?" I asked shrugging my shoulders.

She chuckled and walked away from me. When I turned back to them, I saw her cock the gun back and pull the trigger.

His head flew back with blood splattering on the rock next to him. "Come on." She said walking over to the truck.

My heart rate started to the speed up and I just stared at his lifeless body. I saw some of his blood run down the stream.

I felt Spirit grab my arm and yank me to the truck. She pulled me to my side and opened the door. I got in the truck and slammed the door behind myself.

When she got in, she looked at me then back at the road. She put the truck in reverse the backed up. I could feel the tension in the air. She didn't even wanna look at me.

She sped off down the road and went to a little store to get some stuff.

"Spirit can you talk to me?" I asked but she ignored me and got out. I'm not boutta deal with her foolishness. If she's mad at me then so fuckin' be it.

I'm not dealing with her shit right now because we have bigger things to deal with. I put my earphones in and played "Me, U And Hennessy" by Dej Loaf.

Listening to the song made me think of Spirit. I'm so attracted to her, physically and sexually. I just want her to stop being so angry with me.

All the things I want to do with her, we can't because of all the stuff that's going on.

The door opened and she got in with a bag in her hand. I rolled my eyes at her and looked out the window. She makes me so mad but I really have feelings for her.

As much as I don't fit in with her lifestyle, I can't leave her. The ride back to the hotel was quiet and filled with tension.

We got back to the hotel and got out without saying a word to each other. I walked in, ahead of her and went to the elevator.

When we had got to our floor I could hear people talking at the end of the hallway. When I peaked around the corner I saw police officers surrounding the room.

I turned to Spirit and she looked up at me with a irritated face. "The police are right there. We need to go." I whispered to her.

She grabbed my arm and pulled me to the stairwell. We rushed down the steps and left out the backdoor. We ran to the truck and sped off down the dusty road.

I knew this was gonna happen because we always get found. I leaned onto the armrest and looked straight ahead.

"Where we goin'?" I asked and she shrugged.

Then I thought to myself. I have someone in Atlanta that could take us in for awhile.

"I know where we can go." I said.